Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What are those two buttons found in underside of EVO controller for?

The Guy In The Helmet

Reaction score
Hi all!
First time poster here!
Just acquired an EVO and am learning its features! :)

As the title says, what are the buttons for?

Thanks!

They are suppose to be customizable buttons but I don't think they are active yet in the App.

⑭ Customizable Button A
The function is customized by yourself using the mobile app
⑮ Customizable Button B
The function is customized by the user using the mobile app

Like Agustine said, they are suppose to be customizable, but Autel has yet to release the update to make them so. Right now you can use them in Way points programing.

Thanks.

I found out that Button A and B are both used in the Orbital feature today!

I do find myself pressing on them annoyingly when I am just holding the RC... annoying...

Hi all!
First time poster here!
Just acquired an EVO and am learning its features! :)

As the title says, what are the buttons for?

Thanks!
They are there to annoy the crap out of you, actually the a button is access to the library, so you can review your content on the SD card, thee other one so far does nothing except annoy me.

Thanks.

I found out that Button A and B are both used in the Orbital feature today!

I do find myself pressing on them annoyingly when I am just holding the RC... annoying...
They never work for me for programming any of the intelligent functions, they do nothing for that

you don't want that, the buttons are placed badly and easily pressed accidentally not a good button for a sensitive setting
I’ve never accidentally pressed either as far as I know. If the EVO is to catch on as a drone for flight schools, it will need a physical switch for Atti. Don’t know about the US, but part of the flight test to acquire a remote pilot’s licence in Australia requires you to fly a session in Atti. And there is one part of it where the instructor tells you to switch into Atti, before he/she deliberately disorientate your drone by jiggling your left hand stick, before telling you to recover—without switching back to GPS Mode.. In doing so you must maintain a quite narrow radius from a central marker. If you fail twice, you fail the ENTIRE test and must do it again. Phantoms are generally used by flight schools here, partly because they have an Atti/GPS switch.

If the EVO is to catch on as a drone for flight schools...
Not happening.
It's a niche drone for a niche market.
DJI outsells EVO's by 1000 to 1.
Total Android Autel Explorer downloads worldwide from the Play Store are listed as 1,000+.
DJI GO 4 downloads are listed as 1,000,000+.
QED.

Not happening.
It's a niche drone for a niche market.
DJI outsells EVO's by 1000 to 1.
Total Android Autel Explorer downloads worldwide from the Play Store are listed as 1,000+.
DJI GO 4 downloads are listed as 1,000,000+.
QED.
Doesn’t mean people won’t change if they have a viable alternative. Right now, there isn’t one.

Doesn’t mean people won’t change if they have a viable alternative. Right now, there isn’t one.
Agreed. That, unfortunately, was my point. DJI has crushed all competition, and continues to out innovate all comers. Just wish the M2Z had the EVO camera with 2x optical zoom and a toggle to turn off GEO. The EVO camera video, without any correction, rivals the best M2P output after color grading! Autel should license their EVO camera to DJI!

Reactions: Nightbat2
The EVO has a couple of other advantages over the DJI flock: no NFZs and no forced updates before you can fly. Autel thinks these are important for ‘first responders’ (firefighters, police etc) and I agree. You don’t want to be slowed down when your job requires you to get in the air ASAP. Without a manual switch between GPS and ATTI, they are missing another potential market. I have told them in detail what I believe is required to help crack the training market and the response I received indicated they were interested. Time will tell.

The EVO has a couple of other advantages over the DJI flock: no NFZs and no forced updates before you can fly. Autel thinks these are important for ‘first responders’ (firefighters, police etc) and I agree. You don’t want to be slowed down when your job requires you to get in the air ASAP. Without a manual switch between GPS and ATTI, they are missing another potential market. I have told them in detail what I believe is required to help crack the training market and the response I received indicated they were interested. Time will tell.
With your first responder prerequisites, Autel has already shot themselves in the foot by making most user settings unsticky, where they all have to be reset after every reboot, which takes a full minute, if you want anything other than the default settings, which even their own camera crew spends a minute turning off. I'm sure Autel is interested, but they simply don't have the resources to compete. They still haven't even realized that their Android app can't determine the drone direction relative to the controller! Toggling off North Up simply rotates the map 90° counterclockwise, to East Up! Go figure!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Kelly