Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoints paused points?

SteveNunez

Reaction score
Hello guys, I’ve noticed waypoint mission flights pause the drone at the set points which I don’t want- is their a way to stop the drone from pausing at the waypoints?
I have a Parrot Disco and because it’s a flying wing it doesn’t pause at its waypoints and I’d love if I could get the Evo to do the same- it doesn’t seem useful to have the Evo pause at each waypoint.
I really wish Autel would improve their Waypoint feature and allow users to customize what the drone does at each point. As it stands now all you can set is the height- it’s a step in the right direction but having a ‘pause’ option and ‘no pause’ options would allow for much more useable video.
Has anyone found a way to stop the paused points?

I really don't think you are going to see any improvements on waypoint missions until Autel gets the Software Development Kit out to 3rd party people. Unlike Parrot they are not as advanced with their mission planner yet.

Ive thought a lot about this system too. The whole idea of a drone is automation, the more you can do with waypoints, the more automated the drone. The Evo is very limited in that aspect- and is made by a ROBOTICS company! I would think they would have the very best automation!
How cool would it be to have a curved path between waypoints. You could manipulate the curve using handles, the same way you set curves between key frames in video editing software.
I can think of numerous things just off the top of my head that would be great to have the ability to do with waypoints.

3DR has the best waypoints in the industry and Parrot is pretty good also but they need to fine tune how it transitions to POI and not have it pause between waypoints. Not sure on how well Yuneecs works and DJI just gave theirs a tune up from what I heard. I have run some pretty neat missions with my Anafi that I could never fly manually.

3DR has the best waypoints in the industry and Parrot is pretty good also but they need to fine tune how it transitions to POI and not have it pause between waypoints. Not sure on how well Yuneecs works and DJI just gave theirs a tune up from what I heard. I have run some pretty neat missions with my Anafi that I could never fly manually.
I had a Bebop 2, I thought its waypoint system was pretty good, but ran into some issues while trying to execute, like instead of doing a 360 just freezing, weird things like that. Also the timeline screen where you program what the camera does was kinda hard to make sense of, that could have used more thought on their part I thought. Is the Anafis different or based on the same format? (I've been thinking about getting an Anafi for a while, which usually means i'l end up with one soon).

I have never used waypoints on my Evo. Finally found out what the A B buttons are for...

I had a Bebop 2, I thought its waypoint system was pretty good, but ran into some issues while trying to execute, like instead of doing a 360 just freezing, weird things like that. Also the timeline screen where you program what the camera does was kinda hard to make sense of, that could have used more thought on their part I thought. Is the Anafis different or based on the same format? (I've been thinking about getting an Anafi for a while, which usually means i'l end up with one soon).

The Anafi is a tad different but I agree the timeline is hard to get used to.

The waypoints on the Typhoon H are awesome. IIRC you can set camera direction and tilt.

The waypoints on the Typhoon H are awesome. IIRC you can set camera direction and tilt.
Yeah I'll agree with that, here's a screen shot... I've never even considered a Yuneec until i saw this.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy