Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

VR Goggles

Don Warren

Reaction score
Bought the Zeiss VR ONE Plus. Very disappointed. No use at all operating with EVO controller. I do not recommend this product at ANY price

Reactions: Phreedom
Strange. When you see the name Zeiss one normally thinks good quality.

Bought the Zeiss VR ONE Plus. Very disappointed. No use at all operating with EVO controller. I do not recommend this product at ANY price
Hi Don
I see you are a new forum member but are you also a new EVO pilot or have you had the aircraft for some time? If you are a new owner you should be aware that the current public release of Explorer has a bug that "broke" the Intelligent Flight VR mode. All you will get is the telemetry scales framed around the two images on your cell phone screen. There is no camera view displayed for flying in "VR" mode. So if that is your issue just hang in there as I'm sure Autel programmers are working to correct that in the next public release.

Since the googles are merely a cell phone holder with a couple of lens to focus the cell screen display at the end of your nose, there is really nothing that can go wrong with these "vr" googles other than the fit on your head or its ability to focus your eyes to the screen on the phone. They are just a piece of plastic, glass and elastic for holding your phone which remains cabled to the RC controller.

I bought a $7 pair of googles on Amazon that work just fine as far as seeing the display of the phone's screen. A bit awkward for fit but they will do OK once Autel gets the bug corrected and VR mode starts working again.

Those have a lot of negative reviews on most of the retail sites that sell them. What made you buy them....price?
Yes and the open end to attach to the EVO controller. My Samsung gear does not allow that. The phone plugs in without cord. Guess you get what you pay for !

Hi Don
I see you are a new forum member but are you also a new EVO pilot or have you had the aircraft for some time? If you are a new owner you should be aware that the current public release of Explorer has a bug that "broke" the Intelligent Flight VR mode. All you will get is the telemetry scales framed around the two images on your cell phone screen. There is no camera view displayed for flying in "VR" mode. So if that is your issue just hang in there as I'm sure Autel programmers are working to correct that in the next public release.

Since the googles are merely a cell phone holder with a couple of lens to focus the cell screen display at the end of your nose, there is really nothing that can go wrong with these "vr" googles other than the fit on your head or its ability to focus your eyes to the screen on the phone. They are just a piece of plastic, glass and elastic for holding your phone which remains cabled to the RC controller.

I bought a $7 pair of googles on Amazon that work just fine as far as seeing the display of the phone's screen. A bit awkward for fit but they will do OK once Autel gets the bug corrected and VR mode starts working again.
Thanks for that information. I'd settle for a clear enhanced screen view. Hope Autel is on the case.

Thanks for that information. I'd settle for a clear enhanced screen view. Hope Autel is on the case.
I didn't want to spend any big bucks just to try out Explorer's VR so I opted for this one which at the time was only $7.02. I see its $9.99 now so it could come down for holidays. Note in the bottom section of the page listing they list a BNEXT brand google for $33. It is exactly the same thing as this $7 job I bought, exactly, except for the name. As I mentioned since these are only a cell phone holder the only two important factors are Fit and Focus.
VR Vue II googles

These do work for me but a major drawback is I need to wear my reading glasses inside them in order to achieve the proper sharp focus. And so that is a pain. Without my glasses I couldn't get a sharp focus with my old eyes. For $7 its only a couple of beers lost if they don't work. LOL

Hi Don

Thanks for input. Guess I'll wait for Autel to fix the problem. All I get are the telemetry scales also

i use google daydream, but disappointed, very laggy, bad quality and camera doesnt move sideways!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials