Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video Playback is poor quality

Fly-a-holic

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I'm wondering why the video playback on the XSP is not as clear as the Evo. Both drones are set at the lowest 4k video setting, but when I play back a video I recorded with my XSP, It looks like crap compared to my Evo. Same phone and same cable were used each time.
I did some troubleshooting... I took the SD card from the Evo and placed it in my XSP. I played a video and it was clear but had to buffer a lot and would not play continuously.

Oh, I'm talking about playback from the controller while everything is connected and viewing it on my phone while at the flying site.
Sorry for not being very clear. Lol

Perhaps the processor can't keep up with the Evo's 4k60? As to your videos looking bad on the XSP, can you show us what you mean? How do they look when you put them on the computer? Do they look the same?

Perhaps the processor can't keep up with the Evo's 4k60? As to your videos looking bad on the XSP, can you show us what you mean? How do they look when you put them on the computer? Do they look the same?

I'm using a Motorola Z Force. I've never had a problem with my phone unless this is the first.
On the computer, both are awesome! It's just when I play them back from the card via XSP and it's controller. The quality is far less than 720p. After I swapped cards with XSP and Evo the quality was there but the video stops every few seconds and has to buffer. Bare in mind that said video was recorded with Evo and played back on XSP.

Reactions: Ansia
I'm using a Motorola Z Force. I've never had a problem with my phone unless this is the first.
On the computer, both are awesome! It's just when I play them back from the card via XSP and it's controller. The quality is far less than 720p. After I swapped cards with XSP and Evo the quality was there but the video stops every few seconds and has to buffer. Bare in mind that said video was recorded with Evo and played back on XSP.
Try swapping the phone. If it continues to do it, the at least you can discard that possibility.

I'll have to do some more checking. I really don't think it's the phone but I will use another one just to rule it out. The card in the XSP is appears to be a SanDisk Ultra 64g but it could be a phoney now that I'm thinking about it. I will format the card from my Evo and try it in the XSP since I know it's a good card or should be since it come with my Evo.
I just thought someone may have known right off what was wrong. I'll keep everyone posted.

Reactions: Ansia
I'll have to do some more checking. I really don't think it's the phone but I will use another one just to rule it out. The card in the XSP is appears to be a SanDisk Ultra 64g but it could be a phoney now that I'm thinking about it. I will format the card from my Evo and try it in the XSP since I know it's a good card or should be since it come with my Evo.
I just thought someone may have known right off what was wrong. I'll keep everyone posted.
That may fix part of your problem, but not the buffering from the Evo card.

It sounds like the evo may just have faster\better wireless video transmission through the remote. Also check your data cable.

It seemed to have been a bad connection between the data cable and my phone. I started getting an "app disconnected" warning as it got worse. I carefully rubbed the pins inside the USB-C on my phone with a flat toothpick with rubbing alcohol on it and it seemed to fix the problem. Weird that the Evo wasn't doing the same thing but it was a different cable and being that the cable was routed a different direction ever so slightly... I guess that's good enough of an explanation.
And too, carrying my phone at work in my shirt pocket upside down didn't help one bit either. A good bit of lint and dirt came out during cleaning the USB-C.
It's displaying as it should now.
Thanks for everyone's help!!

Also, if your just using a regular old charging cable, it wont work well either. It's best to buy a good high quality data cable; there is a difference between the two.

Also, if your just using a regular old charging cable, it wont work well either. It's best to buy a good high quality data cable; there is a difference between the two.

That's right. I have noticed a difference when transfering data from my phone to my computer. And some cables are charge only.

I have an extra thick caple that came off an old external hard drive. It is only about six inches long.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials