Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video image turns B&W or all pixelated

hchattaway

Reaction score
Website
www.newenglanddroneservices.com
hello All!

I have the EVO II Pro and have been loving it...

As of today (7/26/2020), I have the latest iOS app and all of the firmware is up to date.
There is a weird problem though...
Last week I was flying a double grid mission to map a property for making a 3d model....

Even when the drone was very close, and I was in Still mode, the display on my iPad Mini 4 would go black and white... and at times the image was mostly blank with some pixelation...

When I would switch back to video mode the image was perfect... When switched back to still mode, the bad image was back

I never had any problems controlling the drone and if it took a still picture it was fine, the problem is only on the display transmission...

Any one else see this? It makes taking stills basically impossible.. can't compose the shot..

Thanks for any help!
Harold

I had the same or similar problem. I have been using the EVO II Pro for a month or so and really have enjoyed it. I tried something last Thursday for the first time that I found gave me a problem. I switched to HIGH DEFINITION in Image Transmission and discovered that when trying to take a photo the screen froze up and went into grayscale and I lost control over the gimble on the screen. I have been using an IPad 9.7 inch screen which I completely devoted to drone flying. I tried using an IPAD Pro 12 inch screen and also my Iphone XR only to find the same thing happening. Now this does not happen in SMOOTH mode only in HIGH DEFINITION. I should note the photos taken when screen freezes in Photo mode are fine. The problem only occurs on the Ipad. I sent AUTEL a screen video and asked them to advise. That was last Thursday. I should note again and have flown the drone since without a problem in SMOOTH mode!

Reactions: hchattaway
I had the same or similar problem. I have been using the EVO II Pro for a month or so and really have enjoyed it. I tried something last Thursday for the first time that I found gave me a problem. I switched to HIGH DEFINITION in Image Transmission and discovered that when trying to take a photo the screen froze up and went into grayscale and I lost control over the gimble on the screen. I have been using an IPad 9.7 inch screen which I completely devoted to drone flying. I tried using an IPAD Pro 12 inch screen and also my Iphone XR only to find the same thing happening. Now this does not happen in SMOOTH mode only in HIGH DEFINITION. I should note the photos taken when screen freezes in Photo mode are fine. The problem only occurs on the Ipad. I sent AUTEL a screen video and asked them to advise. That was last Thursday. I should note again and have flown the drone since without a problem in SMOOTH mode!

ok, this sounds just like what I experienced... I had been using my Galaxy phone mostly but now switched to my ipad mini... I'll try the smooth mode idea... Thanks very much!
Harold

I've had the same issue and switching to smooth has mostly resolved it, although I still get a brief interruption infrequently.
Side note: I recently switched to a Android tablet through because the Explorer app is not written for iPad and has some goofy behavior. I’m loving the Samsung Galaxy 5Se.

Attachments

• 20200801-20200801_142204826_iOS.jpg
    20200801-20200801_142204826_iOS.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials