Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video from Bo

Really good explanation of a complex issue. So many variables. I used that Kodak/Nikon 14n “full frame” camera professionally for 3-4 years. It accepted all Nikon lenses, and was as good as it got at the time (2000?). Gradation sucked, highlights blew-out, shadows full of noise. Low-light performance was abysmal. You had to be very careful with exposure, like it was transparency film. The tiny, relatively old sensor in the XSP easily out-performs the huge 14n by a wide margin.

So many advancements in all phases of digital video/photo workflow make it an entirely different arena today.
Larger sensors do perform better in low light, but not always... Today, you can design for a specific purpose/mission. It’s amazing what is done with COTS parts, customized for use on satellites and planetary probes. Optics can be virtually married to sensors to optimally video of the sun’s surface, your backyard from space, or an iPhone selfie...

Last edited:
Really good explanation of a complex issue. So many variables. I used that Kodak/Nikon 14n “full frame” camera professionally for 3-4 years. It accepted all Nikon lenses, and was as good as it got at the time (2000?). Gradation sucked, highlights blew-out, shadows full of noise. Low-light performance was abysmal. You had to be very careful with exposure, like it was transparency film. The tiny, relatively old sensor in the XSP easily out-performs the huge 14n by a wide margin.

So many advancements in all phases of digital video/photo workflow make it an entirely different arena today.
Larger sensors do perform better in low light, but not always... Today, you can design for a specific purpose/mission. It’s amazing what is done with COTS parts, customized for use on satellites and planetary probes. Optics can be virtually married to sensors to optimally video of the sun’s surface, your backyard from space, or an iPhone selfie...
What I found fascinating was the 1 inch sensor that everybody is jumping up and down about isn't!! :)
And your right it is amazing what they can do with these things now days.

What I found fascinating was the 1 inch sensor that everybody is jumping up and down about isn't!! :)
And your right it is amazing what they can do with these things now days.
Yes indeed, I’ve never seen anyone try to explain the sizing rationale — it’s so misleading. One thing that was obvious early-on, so-called “full-frame” sensors were very close to the size of 35mm film — because the lenses covered the same area, unlike “cropped” sensors which drive me nuts, lol

Last edited:
Yes indeed, I’ve never seen anyone try to explain the sizing rationale — it’s so misleading. One thing that was obvious early-on, so-called “full-frame” sensors were very close to the size of 35mm film — became the lenses covered the same area, unlike “cropped” sensors which drive me nuts, lol
By the way have you got settled down between the cactus, hot rocks and
snakes yet. I know you didn't have to worry to much about that in paradise but out here you need to keep one eye on the ground!!:D

All I know this little Anifi camera does not have the herky Jerky yaw effect that the EVO does. If these French men can get it right on the first try then Autel needs to hire the right people.
Looking forward to Autel getting it right sometime in the future LOL
That is one of the best videos I have seen from the little frenchie good job. If all goes as planed I should be able to spend some time with my new EVO tomorrow. She is charged, calibrated,and adjusted. I got the rugged bundle so I have 3 batteries to run down. When I get in I will be either grinnin or cussin. Wish me luck.

By the way have you got settled down between the cactus, hot rocks and
snakes yet. I know you didn't have to worry to much about that in paradise but out here you need to keep one eye on the ground!!:D
LOL, I just got a registered letter to remove a 3’ tree too close to the street in 10 days or face a $50 fine. Welcome to Arizona! I’m driving nonstop (12hrs) tomorrow for 2 weeks (106F), and cut the GD tree down. I will look VERY closely around the base before I do anything..............:(

All I know this little Anifi camera does not have the herky Jerky yaw effect that the EVO does. If these French men can get it right on the first try then Autel needs to hire the right people.
Looking forward to Autel getting it right sometime in the future LOL
Wow, smooth as silk, amazing!

The Anafi video is proof to me that Autel needs to reevaluate the proficiency of their software developers/engineers. Mainly the person in charge of it. The explorer app is missing basic settings/adjustments that should have been included in the first release. It's not like this is their first attempt to release a drone. I would think someone at Autel owns a DJI drone, so why can't they use the settings in the Go 4 app as a template on what should be included. It's like they are struggling to implement settings that have been around for years on other drones. What's up with that?

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Althought the Anafi is smooth Parrot is missing a actual Obit mode that would make it even better in my opinion. Parrot also could add a lot of feature to their App such as histogram, a 360 pano option since it can look straight up, and Orbit. They do listen and just released more options but are still missing some very basic ones. So Autel is not the only one that could improve the Apps. :)
The smooth Orbit for Autel I really feel they will never get it right. My X-Star can do a Orbit just as good as the EVO's. Some are happy with what they see, some are not and expect more.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN