Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video files distorted with red and green

spicynujac

Reaction score
I just copied the files from my last flight with me Evo II Pro and the photos were fine, but the video files are all unwatchable, just a bunch of distorted red and green lines. Here's a screenshot from when I tried to play it back in VLC.

Any idea what is causing this?

Attachments

• drone.JPG
    drone.JPG
    642.7 KB · Views: 3
If you were shooting 6k, you may need to use a different video player, I had that problem the first time I tried to view the 6k video from my E2P V1.

I just copied the files from my last flight with me Evo II Pro and the photos were fine, but the video files are all unwatchable, just a bunch of distorted red and green lines. Here's a screenshot from when I tried to play it back in VLC.

Any idea what is causing this?

As @garycsan mentioned, VLC cannot proper play resolutions over 4K and does not handle the 10bit H.265 footage out of the EVO II very well even if its 4K. You will need a pretty decent video card to playback the footage in any video player. Within an NLE you can create proxy files, edit the footage, then export it to something more consumer friendly such as 4K H.264.

Without a higher end video card or a decent NLE then you will need to stick with 4K H.264 and 8bit footage out of your EVO.

Reactions: garycsan
As @garycsan mentioned, VLC cannot proper play resolutions over 4K and does not handle the 10bit H.265 footage out of the EVO II very well even if its 4K. You will need a pretty decent video card to playback the footage in any video player. Within an NLE you can create proxy files, edit the footage, then export it to something more consumer friendly such as 4K H.264.

Without a higher end video card or a decent NLE then you will need to stick with 4K H.264 and 8bit footage out of your EVO.
I was able to view the 6k files with the Microsoft Movies & TV app that comes with Windows. VLC, my fav player, would not show the 6k vids. Of course, I edited with proxy files in Premiere Pro.

Yep it was a VLC problem. The video files are fine and play back in other software.
This was a 4K video I was trying to play back in Windows 10/VLC.
I recently built a new computer and it was my first time playing back 4K video from my drone.

Incidentally, it seems Macs do still handle video much better than Windows, at least without having to download codecs and install third party software. I'm a Windows desktop / Macbook laptop guy.

This is not the correct venue but I would love to have a conversation about the "Windows desktop / Macbook laptop" thing.

Ik heb net de bestanden van mijn laatste vlucht met mij Evo II Pro gekopieerd en de foto's waren prima, maar de videobestanden zijn allemaal niet te bekijken, alleen een stel vervormde rode en groene lijnen. Hier is een screenshot van toen ik het probeerde af te spelen in VLC.

Enig idee wat dit veroorzaakt?
Het lijkt erop dat je problemen ondervindt met het afspelen van de videobestanden van je Autel EVO II Pro drone in VLC. Dit kan te maken hebben met het feit dat de video's zijn opgenomen in het H.265-formaat, wat specifieke software of hardware kan vereisen om correct te worden afgespeeld.

Er zijn een paar mogelijke oplossingen die je kunt proberen:

1. Hardwareversnelling inschakelen in VLC: Dit kan helpen bij het soepel afspelen van 4K-video's, waaronder DJI 4K-opnames. Om dit te doen, open je VLC en ga je naar Tools > Preferences > Input & Codecs. Vink vervolgens het vakje Use GPU accelerated decoding aan en klik op Save.
  2. Het videobestand opnieuw coderen: Als VLC het bestand nog steeds niet kan afspelen, kun je proberen het videobestand opnieuw te coderen naar een ander formaat. Er zijn verschillende gratis en betaalde videoconverters beschikbaar online die dit kunnen doen.
  3. Gebruik een videoreparatietool: Als de videobestanden beschadigd lijken te zijn, kun je een videoreparatietool proberen. Er zijn verschillende tools beschikbaar, zowel gratis als betaald, die beschadigde videobestanden kunnen repareren.
Let op: Maak altijd een back-up van je originele videobestanden voordat je wijzigingen aanbrengt of reparatietools gebruikt.

Ik hoop dat dit helpt! Laat het me weten als je nog andere vragen hebt.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan