Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Using firmware version 2.6.22?

davshev

Reaction score
Last year there there was a thread going about downgrading the E2P 6K v1 firmware to 2.6.22. I did this without any problems, mostly because I didn't care for the most recent v1 firmware. I have a second E2P v1 where I downgraded to 2.6.22 and started running into problems with batteries draining in mid flight, frequent magnetic interference warnings and camera gimbal issues. Because of the battery draining issue, I asked Ken Booth from Autel what to do. He suggested reinstalling the firmware for each battery. So, I put 2.6.22 on an SD card and reinstalled the firmware, which I planned to do for each battery...per Ken's advice. To my surprise, when I inserted the SD card and did the reinstall, in the middle of the procedure the camera gimbal started going haywire, spinning uncontrollably. After the spinning stopped, the camera just went limp. Now, at start up it does the same thing despite doing various calibrations. I even tried installing the very latest firmware, but no luck correcting the limp gimbal. I will be sending it to Autel. Has anyone else experienced problems like this?

Last edited:
Currently experiencing this issue...
Were you able to find a solution?

Last year there there was a thread going about downgrading the E2P 6K v1 firmware to 2.6.22. I did this without any problems, mostly because I didn't care for the most recent v1 firmware. I have a second E2P v1 where I downgraded to 2.6.22 and started running into problems with batteries draining in mid flight, frequent magnetic interference warnings and camera gimbal issues. Because of the battery draining issue, I asked Ken Booth from Autel what to do. He suggested reinstalling the firmware for each battery. So, I put 2.6.22 on an SD card and reinstalled the firmware, which I planned to do for each battery...per Ken's advice. To my surprise, when I inserted the SD card and did the reinstall, in the middle of the procedure the camera gimbal started going haywire, spinning uncontrollably. After the spinning stopped, the camera just went limp. Now, at start up it does the same thing despite doing various calibrations. I even tried installing the very latest firmware, but no luck correcting the limp gimbal. I will be sending it to Autel. Has anyone else experienced problems like this?

I just updated my EVO II Pro v1 to the current firmware V2.7.45. Was having no issues prior to the update, but now my gimbal is doing the same thing. On startup it flutters up and down fiercely, stops, and repeats this 3-4 times then goes limp.

I then get 2 different error messages:

Gimbal motor close, will work again after restarting the aircraft, and

Gimbal is self-checking, please take off later.

Tried re-starting several times and it just does the same thing each time. Does anyone know if there is any way to revert to the prior firmware?

Here old links you can try to do the rollback. Good luck.

FYI, I was able to rollback firmware V2.7.25 to V2.6.22. As of 8/8/2021 this works. If you want to downgrade, you'll need the downgrade file. See link below. The file is titled "force_upgrade," however it will not allow the downgrade unless you change the file name to qiangzi_shengji.
Drone-Hacks, the best way to hack your DJI Drone - Home

Use the renamed downgrade file along with the firmware version to which you want to downgrade. Choose the firmware version from link below.
Dank Drone Downloader - Web App

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d