Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Using a Waypoint Mission ?

Atomic08

Reaction score
Hello All !
I have a question about waypoint missions vs Regular manual flight missions.

I have never flown missions before because I always wanted to trust just myself to flying.

I live in a valley “Bowl” by a steep hill and I can fly down the valley a mile or so,
But because I am close to the hill, when flying over the hill, I can only fly about 1100 ft at 250 ft high before connection is lost.

If I use/plan a waypoint mission to fly beyond the hill ( and beyond Visual Range), would the EVO fly the complete mission or stop if/when it is beyond visual flight range?

I guess my question is, does the EVO have to have a radio connection at all times to fly a mission?

The photo below is a Google image my area and of what I am trying to explain/ask.

Pink line is one of my previous missions (Using my Typhoon H) showing my range.
Yellow line is the top of the hill and the limit of my range before I lose connection.
Green Line is the 1100 ft range from my home point.
White lines are what I would like to plan using waypoints or rectangular route mission.

Thanks Everyone !
Stay Safe !
Mission.jpg

I have an X-star premium vs your EVO and I have to assume that the EVO's mission planner is just as capable if not better. I have flown Waypoint missions when the radio reception started to get dodgy because of trees and hills. On the controller, I received messages that stated that (a) the signal was getting weaker and (b) if reception was lost the aircraft would complete the mission and return to home. I can't swear that I ever did lose connection entirely but my missions completed and the XSP came home!

Reactions: Tufargon
No. Even if you lose connection between the drone and controller, the Evo will continue the mission and perform RTH once it completes it.

Old thread, I know, but I wanted to chime in and say that you can choose the behavior for when the drone loses connection in the current version of the app - continue mission or return to home...

I'm not sure if that was an option at the time this post was written, though.

Reactions: gschulzuio

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58