Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

USER SETTABLE BOTTOM BUTTONS

Nightbat2

Reaction score
Page 18 of the Evo User Manual says that buttons A and B on the underside of the remote controller are user settable through the mobile app. I can't find where in the app to do this. Any clues?

E30D4398-38EA-4BA3-85C0-B61E20570CD2.pngE30D4398-38EA-4BA3-85C0-B61E20570CD2.png

You will not find this option yet. It is one of those things that may or may not be updated down the line. It would seem it was not high on Autels priorities list of updates. Like every other thing people wanted to see the best option is to keep asking their Customer Care people when it is coming out. That seems to light a fire under the developers butt to get working.

Reactions: Nightbat2
You will not find this option yet. It is one of those things that may or may not be updated down the line. It would seem it was not high on Autels priorities list of updates. Like every other thing people wanted to see the best option is to keep asking their Customer Care people when it is coming out. That seems to light a fire under the developers butt to get working.
Pity. Hope they do follow through.

What would you want to use them for?
I would use one as a switch between GPS and ATTI mode. Having trained on a Phantom 4 Pro, which has a dedicated ATTI/Sport/GPS switch, I miss the function. If you know what you are doing you can fly much more smoothly in ATTI, which is great for video.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Interesting! I had no idea the difference between the two modes. Here is an excellent article I found.

Yes, very interesting. Explains exactly why an ATTI switch would be a bonus, as I have told Autel a couple of times. Can’t understand why DJI hasn’t included one on the Mavic 2, given the Phantom series appears to be at an end.

Biggest problem with the two buttons is anything programmed into them better be benign in nature, as they are constantly being triggered and buzzing accidentally because of the awkward placement, if your device has any heft to it!

Reactions: Wayne Maine
Biggest problem with the two buttons is anything programmed into them better be benign in nature, as they are constantly being triggered and buzzing accidentally because of the awkward placement, if your device has any heft to it!
Never had a problem with touching them accidentally, though I agree they could be better placed. I’d be prepared to program one as a mode switch if possible.

Never had a problem with touching them accidentally, though I agree they could be better placed. I’d be prepared to program one as a mode switch if possible.
Currently, the only active one is the right one, and if your microSD card has anything on it, in the middle of flying, your screen will start displaying the images and video, instead of your FPV! Not good! Need a way to disable the current one!

Currently, the only active one is the right one, and if your microSD card has anything on it, in the middle of flying, your screen will start displaying the images and video, instead of your FPV! Not good! Need a way to disable the current one!
Not a particularly useful “mode” in my opinion. Agree they do need to give us the ability to program as promised.

Not a particularly useful “mode” in my opinion. Agree they do need to give us the ability to program as promised.
Certainly not a useful function while the aircraft is moving in the air! At the very least, allow us to totally disable them, so they don't buzz, which can also be very disconcerting, when you inadvertently trigger either one of them, since both of them still buzz whenever pressed.

Would like to use button A to disable button B and use button B to disable button A

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials