Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Unsupervised Battery Charging and Safe Transport

DroneDriver

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but charging Lipos, even if they are smart batteries, makes me nervous to leave the house even for a moment to check my mailbox. Solution: Ammo Box

After cutting a notch in the box for the charging cord and placing a little electrical tape there - it works pretty good. I hooked up a battery, closed the lid, and plugged in the charger. Surrounding air temperature outside the box was was 78°F (26°C) in the room and I never heard the little fan go on inside the box (not mentioning the brick squeal :mad:). Life is good!

I'll probably add some sheet rock siding inside with compartments next. This way I can transport my batteries safely in the car and not worry about them going Fukushima on me.

IMG_7403.JPG

IMG_7401.JPG
Cheers

Reactions: brian bwin
Been meaning to do the same thing, but I only have one ammo box...and I kinda need it for my ammo. :) Just been too cheap to buy another, but in hind sight I'm sure I'd say that spending $15 for another can would have been cheaper than replacing my house!

There's also this option...pretty cool if you have the extra cash!

Been meaning to do the same thing, but I only have one ammo box...and I kinda need it for my ammo. :) Just been too cheap to buy another, but in hind sight I'm sure I'd say that spending $15 for another can would have been cheaper than replacing my house!

There's also this option...pretty cool if you have the extra cash!

I know what you mean. I used a coupon at Harbor Freight and got one for nearly $12, but then discovered that I had an old toolbox lying around that I could have used instead of spending money. Check this out:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy