Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

UAS: The FAA Tightens the Screws

Really? when I go flying I dont see any one up there but me..and in a city of a million people not one of them knows where I take off from..and when I land there is no one running up to me to shake my hand or even knows the brand of my lil evo..when I had a radio show the FCC never called me..these gov. folks are like Boogey men in your minds..send them your money, im keeping mine in my pocket.

I am still understanding (interweb searches) everything they are putting in place for this "surveillance" -- and thinking along the lines of it being "government" that they would have access to better drones "military", for the task... as asserted above -- I was right -- but boy was I wrong...

..to see they decided to cut costs and go cheap by using DJI drones themselves... lol ...just lol... ?

Source: Super Bowl Security Operation Proves Drones Can Be Part Of The Solution

I am still understanding (interweb searches) everything they are putting in place for this "surveillance" -- and thinking along the lines of it being "government" that they would have access to better drones "military", for the task... as asserted above -- I was right -- but boy was I wrong...

..to see they decided to cut costs and go cheap by using DJI drones themselves... lol ...just lol... ?

Source: Super Bowl Security Operation Proves Drones Can Be Part Of The Solution

View attachment 3889
View attachment 3890

Have you used a Matrice 210? Those things are amazing. Worth the 15k.

LOL yup and they where also known to just fall out of the sky. :)

Just google it, lots of them smashed to pieces :)
Wasn't that the old Matrice 600?

Edit: NVM, it was the 200 series.

DJI did relaunch the Matrice series with Ocusync last month.

Might have been but the DJI forums has post of the 210's falling also.

Might have been but the DJI forums has post of the 210's falling also.

So how did they obtain FAA's OK for flyover of stadiums/people if this thing has a history of just falling out of the sky? lol...

nevermind... our government is great at telling us we can't, while their own motto is "yes we can". lol

So how did they obtain FAA's OK for flyover of stadiums/people if this thing has a history of just falling out of the sky? lol...

nevermind... our government is great at telling us we can't, while their own motto is "yes we can". lol
Agustine has a different government. I don't know if Canada does the same.

Tell that to the 6 who got their drones confiscated on the Superbowl weekend.

Those folks would have been flying illegally and deserved to lose them. The Superbowl was a NFZ with a TFR. These are the folks who create the problems for the rest of us.

Hasn't the FAA taken the stance that they don't want to police recreational flyers ? Special rule 336. If we follow its guidance, use good judgment and police ourselves rec flying will be left alone.

Part 336 is gone as of Nov. 2018 although its basic content remains. Some sort of test is coming somewhere in the future but who knows how long it will take for it to be implemented. DJI already has a "test" in place that has to be taken when you register your drone (you can skip it three times then it won't allow takeoff until you take the test). I'm a member of the AMA and have not received any intel on this as yet.

Reactions: vortexgenerator
Those folks would have been flying illegally and deserved to lose them. The Superbowl was a NFZ with a TFR. These are the folks who create the problems for the rest of us.
You said so yourself. You are an AMA member, not Part 107. I am not up to date on the rules and regulations taught by AMA, but do they teach you how to understand Aeronautical maps, TFRs, NFZs, etc? You would be surprised on how many times I get asked why we get Class B, C, or D warnings, when we are out of the 5 mile radius and their surface is 1700+ feet AGL. Most Part 101E flyers don't even know that these exist.

Last edited:
You said so yourself. You are an AMA member, not Part 107. I am not up to date on the rules and regulations taught by AMA, but do they teach you how to understand Aeronautical maps, TFRs, NFZs, etc? You would be surprised on how many times I get asked why we get Class B, C, or D warnings, when we are out of the 5 mile radius and their surface is 1700+ feet AGL. Most Part 101E flyers don't even know that these exist.

Yes, a general understanding of aeronautical maps can be had in the AMA. For me personally, I have not much use for all the technicalities of Part 107 as I don't fly commercially or for any kind of profit. I do know how to find TFR's and NFZ's. Much of that is common sense. The common sense guidelines from section 336 are still in the revised document for the recreational flier. Unfortunately there are still so many without common sense or simply ignore the guidelines.

Last edited:
Unfortunately there a still so many without common sense or simply ignore the guidelines.
I agree here. What I differ from you is on the aeronautical charts. They are extremely useful when flying your drone, commercial o recreational. It basically gives you an understanding of controlled airspace and how to fly through it safely. The Part 107 is basically the federal government trying to capitalize from your jobs, not having to call every heliport and airport within a 5 mile radius. and the ability to fly 400' above any structure.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials