Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Trick to get manual aperture/shutter speed control for braketed shots

Seated_Perspectives

Reaction score
So here's a bug thats reproducible that will get you full manual bracket control.

Set your preferred braketed mode for still shots, leave it at manual, switch to video mode and set manual mode, start shooting. Stop the video with shoulder button on controller, now immediately hit the still shot shoulder button on controller, it will go to bracketed still shot mode, 5 or 3 shot, and you'll suddenly have full manual control over the aperture and shutter speed. You won't be stuck with a fully open aperture

This is the only way I have achieved manual bracketed shots and it made a pretty noticeable difference in my stacks and final image quality. Running the older firmware. Even dialing down the aperture just one step for brackets results in a significant quality increase when merging over the wide open aperture.

Last edited:
Cool stuff, I am also running older firmware, can you post a pic with this bracketed technique?

I tried this trick today. It appeared to work, as far as what the app displayed on the screen. I manually set the aperture to a few higher values. However, when I downloaded the bracketed shots, the metadata of every photo still shows f2.8. I wonder what's going on with this. I wish Autel would just build manual capabilities into the bracketing feature.

I tried this trick today. It appeared to work, as far as what the app displayed on the screen. I manually set the aperture to a few higher values. However, when I downloaded the bracketed shots, the metadata of every photo still shows f2.8. I wonder what's going on with this. I wish Autel would just build manual capabilities into the bracketing feature.

Mine do show correct in adobe and are true, depending on my setting I am shooting most of mine at at least F4 under good light. Couple screenshots of the brackets, even a 7.1 bracket in there. Try purposely totally blowing out or under exposing's a set of brackets, that will show you if its working without having to read any data.

Attachments

• 2020-10-12 (4).png
    2020-10-12 (4).png
    3 MB · Views: 14
  • 2020-10-12 (7).png
    2020-10-12 (7).png
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • 2020-10-12 (9).png
    2020-10-12 (9).png
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Mine do show correct in adobe and are true, depending on my setting I am shooting most of mine at at least F4 under good light. Couple screenshots of the brackets, even a 7.1 bracket in there. Try purposely totally blowing out or under exposing's a set of brackets, that will show you if its working without having to read any data.

Interesting. Thanks. I'll try it again.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials