Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Trefoil Orbit

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
On Parrotpilots forum we have a member who has developed many different Orbits for the Anafi. This is just one I did today. It is called a Trefoil Orbit. I used C as my Trefoil option (4 to choose from) I believe. I extended the 1st waypoint to my home location and that worked very well. It allowed me to speed up the Anafi to get to where it was going faster. There where some jerky spots but the Anafi flightplan has never been a smooth one. All in all I liked the outcome. I could never have flown this by hand. Over 180 waypoints.
Since the park is closed down because of Covid 19 I had to fly over to it. Pretty much a standard mission for me any ways LOL

screenshot-www.dronelogbook.com-2020.05.01-07_09_23.png

screenshot-esparus.online-2020.04.30-16_28_43.png

Very interesting! I like it.

Thanks
It is really to bad the park is closed as the falls is at its best right now. I flew over to it last night a sunset and it was very pretty. Even with a ND32PL filter on the sun blew out some of the better video.

Very nice, great lighting. You flew the Anfai from your yard there and back? Is that about he longest distance you’ve flown it? I remember you once said it wasn’t the best for long range, but that distance is about where 80% of us fly drones, right?

LOL
I don't try to post where I took of from but yes I fly from my back yard a lot now a days. It is
Measure distance
Click on the map to add to your path
Total distance: 846.39 m (2,776.87 ft)
from my back yard. Can I have VLOS, yes right up till it reaches the falls then its kind of hit or miss. The Autel X-Star is better at this then the Anafi. I do have a bright LED light for the back but hardly use it. Wish it was better in low light as pictures at dust when the lights come on the bridge going over the river would make a nice photo. Something like this one would be my dream photo.

The Falls.jpg

Almost sun down when I flew this last night. Not one of my better ones and the reason for no music. The sun was not being my friend at all. LOL

Interesting flight, ty. From shooting waterfalls in Hawaii, I came to realize the sun window is really variable and much shorter in these little canyons, and I drove many miles for nothing. Each one was different, the window changed almost daily — time of year and weather was a big factor. You’re lucky it‘s so close, b/c to get the light just right must be really hard. My 40 yr battle with the sun. It usually wins....

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja