Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tilted Horizon - How common?

sol

Reaction score
Anybody have a tilted horizon and have to adjust it via the app before every flight?

I do. I first noticed it after an operator-error crash.

Mine has to be corrected to about -2.6. The most aggravating thing is it has to be adjusted each time the battery is changed.

I've had two new ones now and had to adjust -1.4 on one of them and +1.4 on the other in order to get a flat horizon. No crashes or hard landings. Both had the issue straight out the box. And as you mentioned, I have to adjust before every flight otherwise I get a tilted horizon.

Yes, I had the tilted horizon out of the box when I bought it April 4, Had to adjust it to around -0.6, to -0.8 each time. I accepted it. After a crash 2 weeks ago it really did a number on the horizon, no gimbal roll corrected it as the horizon tilted back and forth...more severe as I yawed to the left.. So this is became an annoying mess.

I shipped it last Sat. to Autel, scheduled to arrive today.."out for delivery" BUT...just received an update from Fed Ex that "Delivery was not attempted, will try again when conditions improve" (no idea what that is, the weather looks fine as of Sat morning NW time) New reschedule delivery date is now Wed 5/31. :mad:

Yes, I had the tilted horizon out of the box when I bought it April 4, Had to adjust it to around -0.6, to -0.8 each time. I accepted it. After a crash 2 weeks ago it really did a number on the horizon, no gimbal roll corrected it as the horizon tilted back and forth...more severe as I yawed to the left.. So this is became an annoying mess.

I shipped it last Sat. to Autel, scheduled to arrive today.."out for delivery" BUT...just received an update from Fed Ex that "Delivery was not attempted, will try again when conditions improve" (no idea what that is, the weather looks fine as of Sat morning NW time) New reschedule delivery date is now Wed 5/31. :mad:

Bummer!!

Yeah it is.
It updated 30 minutes later saying the place was closed. I dont know? I see the Customer Service is open 7 days a week, but maybe the repair place in Kirkland, WA is closed on Saturdays?? Or perhaps closed for the Holiday weekend.
As long as that 2nd attempt on Wednesday is successful. I've had previous experiences after a 2nd failed attempted from FedEx or UPS, the item comes back to me.

uJPqDzl.png

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials