Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Thor mount

mjbok

Reaction score
I got my Thor mount and it works great. I ordered the mount kit (with three cables) plus two additional cables. However I have to say that I have some disappointments. One of the cables had a bent USB plug on it. It still works, but when you're paying 15 bucks for a cable it should be pristine upon receipt. Also, two of the cables I received were the incorrect ones. I haven't dealt with their customer service yet so I hope this can be resolved.

I would contact them, they seem very professional, I've got a thor mount then received an email saying a part was plastic and they were sending a free upgrade in orange metal,well impressed with them.IMAG0864[1].jpg

As a follow-up to my original post I chatted with people at Thor and they made it right. Very happy with them and their product.

Reactions: Phillyjon
As a follow-up to my original post I chatted with people at Thor and they made it right. Very happy with them and their product.
I’ve been eyeing that mount! What device are you holding a tablet or a phone? Does it feel secure? I’m thinking of an older iPad I have lying around the 9.7”

I’ve been eyeing that mount! What device are you holding a tablet or a phone? Does it feel secure? I’m thinking of an older iPad I have lying around the 9.7”

I'm using an 8 inch Android tablet. It is the only one of my drones I don't use an iPad for. I may switch to an iPad after I finish my current project which has multiple missions that I fly once a week to track progress on a build.

It feels secure, but unlike other tablet mounts it isn't resistance based. The holders I have for my DJI drones (as well as the stock Evo holder) hold the tablet or phone based on stretching something and having the resistance hold it in place. This one does not work that way.

One word of note the documentation is non existent and the install video is for the concept (not final) version. It takes a few minutes (less than 10) to put together, but more than other ones. I'm very happy with it. The only drawback is that it isn't easily collapsible. I keep my controllers/tablets separate from my cased drones so it isn't a big issue for me.

I took the plunge after trying many cheap options and got the Thor, I couldn't be more pleased, build quality is great, though they don't provide instructions, putting it together was very logical and easy to do, hard to believe anyone would have a hard time pitting this thing together. One thing I was worried about was the space it might take in my backpack, but if you remove the actual tablet grip controller fits exactly where I originally assigned it and in fact I feel it's much safer. I'm however concerned whether the ball adapter is going to survive many mounts/dismounts, but what I love about it is now much firmer and solid it holds the tablet than any extenders or adaptors attached to the factory grip, these were flimsy at best and I feared the factory grip just couldn't handle the weight. With the Lifthor I can use the Dronebelt, though I think I need stronger velcro, and/or the beset harness and feel pretty secure and confortable with either. The neck lanyard provided by lifter seems a bit to cheap and flimsy for my taste.

Reactions: Phillyjon
Looks really solid but I'm sticking with my $3 plastic extender because I often want to fly using the RC screen only and the Lift Thor looks like it would be too much time and effort to keep switching.

Reactions: Bulldoggboyz
Looks really solid but I'm sticking with my $3 plastic extender because I often want to fly using the RC screen only and the Lift Thor looks like it would be too much time and effort to keep switching.

not at all, loosen the base from the ball and pull it out, I carry it in my backpack with the holder off and if I want just the controller it's just the controller I pull out of the backpack. I just frankly don't believe the factory holder will last carrying a tablet, specially a large one .

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d