Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Thermal camera not working

fisher12

Reaction score
I have the Evo II Dual that I've used successfully in the past for wildlife surveys with the thermal camera.
Right now, I'm just getting a black screen when I try and switch to the thermal camera.
I've tried reinstalling firmware using the SD card method, but no change.
Any tips?

Did you ever figure out your issue? @f
I have the Evo II Dual that I've used successfully in the past for wildlife surveys with the thermal camera.
Right now, I'm just getting a black screen when I try and switch to the thermal camera.
I've tried reinstalling firmware using the SD card method, but no change.
Any tips?
Did you ever get your camera issue figured out?

Before it quit working has anything on the drone or rc changed? Does the day 8k lens still work? Does the gimbal pitch up and down? When you select thermal on your screen do you hear the sound of the nuc shutter clicking?

Before it quit working has anything on the drone or rc changed? Does the day 8k lens still work? Does the gimbal pitch up and down? When you select thermal on your screen do you hear the sound of the nuc shutter clicking?
Nothing changed! But it hadn't been used for a couple months.
8K lens doesn't work either.
Gimbal does pitch up and down.
No sound when switching!
And if we press the record button, there's no response (and no data saved)

In the process of sending it in to a service center now...

I am having this same issue. Any luck with a fix yet?

Been flying a Dual for a couple of years now, and it starting to turn into a expensive brick.

Getting the issue where I can't use the thermal, or record.
Is the app screen with the red record button not red and is now a faded white/gray? My drone will start off everything normal but if i record for over an hour the record button turns faded white gray and i cant stop recording or start, but my rc im still able to stop and start recording and the rc screen will show rec is active. Ive been keeping using my drone on a 5 1/2 shooting tripod to montior the creek in my backyard at night. I get over 2 hrs per battery, so im still getting use out of em. I currently killed two yotes and got a new yote on cam this morning at 4:18am. Also got a bob thats still at large. Neighbor had 6 chickens killed two sundays ago. 3 of the 6 are missing. The cat dug a hole and borrowed into the chicken pen.

Getting the issue where I can't use the thermal, or recoryoy
You should try loading 2.6.22 by sd to your drone and just do one battery and see if it fixes your camera. Make sure you use an excluded folder from your antivirus software to prevent curruption. Also make sure your wifi on comp is diaconnected and make sure your rc's phone/tablet never never uses wifi.

Th
You should try loading 2.6.22 by sd to your drone and just do one battery and see if it fixes your camera. Make sure you use an excluded folder from your antivirus software to prevent curruption. Also make sure your wifi on comp is diaconnected and make sure your rc's phone/tablet never never uses wifi.

That is for v2?

Ok. Got it to work. Tried my Samsung phone and it worked. Updated the Tripltex and is now working on it.

Hell ya. I like too keep things the same. I don't like change becuase it often comes with flaws that can be devastating. "If it works" saying.

Reactions: AnchorageAk
Ok. Got it to work. Tried my Samsung phone and it worked. Updated the Tripltex and is now working on it.
Update. I have to turn on the monitor, then controller. The controller will ask to start the app. Then the drone. If I don't do this it will not work with the tablet I use. Still trying to figure out why a updated version of the tablet will not work. Got the updated model because it had a hdmi output. Figured I could fly and have a observer watch the other monitor. So far no luck.

Update. I have to turn on the monitor, then controller. The controller will ask to start the app. Then the drone. If I don't do this it will not work with the tablet I use. Still trying to figure out why a updated version of the tablet will not work. Got the updated model because it had a hdmi output. Figured I could fly and have a observer watch the other monitor. So far no luck.
You have a evo 2 gen 1? Trying to use a live deck on the other monitor?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials