Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The disaster continues!!!

Disaster?
What disaster .... plenty of videos on YT where it works fine

6 min mark where tracking starts

The please kill me mode 😂

Never used autotracking in any drone, but won't even try myself on the Lite+, don't wanna see it autocrashing to something 😓

People that want autotracking should just skip DJI and Autel and buy the Skydio 2, wich is build mainly around that purpose.

The please kill me mode 😂

Never used autotracking in any drone, but won't even try myself on the Lite+, don't wanna see it autocrashing to something 😓

People that want autotracking should just skip DJI and Autel and buy the Skydio 2, wich is build mainly around that purpose.
When some buy drones they don't buy camera quality only they buy features that are advertised. I am one of them.

My drone did the east same thing as well after the update. I did not see this post and just posted the same video.

Me too, I can shoot smooth video and take pictures at same time, that is most important to me.
Photo quality maybe somewhat over-sharpening, but still pretty good.

I don't use SMART modes(maybe I should) so I am fine with Lite+, but I would not recommend it to friends.

At this point you can't recommend the Lite+ to anyone, 1700€ on ha drone that autocrashes itself when using a simple automation and has a bug on the gimbal that just kills it's main purpose.

Standard quality on drone industry is what it is... hardware is more or less refined but software is just a crap, on both DJI and Autel.

Hopefully some day, they'll realize that employing more programmers and testers is cheaper than losing money in refurbishing/destroying fully functional hardware. How much money is just losing Autel on the Lite+? There's not a single unit that's working fine, same for DJI and the Mavic 3 and the awful recent firmware update on the Mini 2.

We need a japanese/german consumer drone manufacturer to rise the quality standard above what we are used to. Canon/Nikon should give a try to the drone sector.

At this point you can't recommend the Lite+ to anyone, 1700€ on ha drone that autocrashes itself when using a simple automation and the gimbal movement just kills it's main purpose.

Standard quality on drone industry is what it is... hardware is more or less refined but software is just a crap, on both DJI and Autel.

Hopefully some day, they'll realize that employing more programmers and testers is cheaper than losing money in refurbishing/destroying fully functional hardware. How much money is just losing Autel on the Lite+? There's not a single unit that's working fine, same for DJI and the Mavic 3 and the awful recent firmware update on the Mini 2.

We need a japanese/german consumer drone manufacturer to rise the quality standard above what we are used to. Canon/Nikon should give a try to the drone sector.
Listen, one example of failure doesn't mean that this is common problem.
In your reasoning you can't recommend anything, since there is always failure percentage in these consumer products.

Listen, one example of failure doesn't mean that this is common problem.
In your reasoning you can't recommend anything, since there is always failure percentage in these consumer products.

Software/firmware related problems like wandering gimbal or suicidal and erratic behaviour on tracking mode will happen to every single unit.

Hardware related problems can happen to some units though, none of them has been mentioned on the forums apart from the dumpers on the Nano+ but they exist. Normal flight vibrations on my Lite+ caused a little piece of plastic in the battery holder to break, which I superglued, and it's been ok since then. Also, an OA detection lens presents a little fissure in the glass which don't affect performance because is on the edge, but presumably was also caused by in flight vibrations. Batteries also present some degree of plastic dust after every flight, caused by friction between the batteries and the drone that occur midflight.

My first Lite+ died after first update without even flying, the gimbal just hanged dead forever. No matter if it was hardware or software related, went back to Amazon.

My second unit in which I have about 50h of flight time has encountered some random bugs, (gimbal died once midflight, but recovered after restart, and I had a perpetual disconnection midflight but luckily RTH worked).

I won't even try the follow me mode because I prefer that my 1700€ flying camera keeps flying instead of just autocrashing to something.

Even the 3 way battery charger is bugged, and sometimes you have to switch ports for it to start the charge... and I believe that battery autodischarging (as it happened with the DJI Mini 2) isn't working, so it will lead inevitably to batteries dyeing prematurely.

My Canon R6 cost about the same as the Lite+ and hasn't presented a single issue since I bought it. My previous Canon 6D worked flawlessly for 9 years and it keeps working today, also in the same pricetag. Back to drones, my previous Air2S and Mini 2 had some issues (blackscreen, app crashing, randmo behaviour, etc) but you could trust them a little more than the Lite+.

Software/firmware related problems like wandering gimbal or suicidal and erratic behaviour on tracking mode will happen to every single unit.

Hardware related problems can happen to some units though, none of them has been mentioned on the forums apart from the dumpers on the Nano+ but they exist. Normal flight vibrations on my Lite+ caused a little piece of plastic in the battery holder to break, which I superglued, and it's been ok since then. Also, an OA detection lens presents a little fissure in the glass which don't affect performance because is on the edge, but presumably was also caused by in flight vibrations. Batteries also present some degree of plastic dust after every flight, caused by friction between the batteries and the drone that occur midflight.

My first Lite+ died after first update without even flying, the gimbal just hanged dead forever. No matter if it was hardware or software related, went back to Amazon.

My second unit in which I have about 50h of flight time has encountered some random bugs, (gimbal died once midflight, but recovered after restart, and I had a perpetual disconnection midflight but luckily RTH worked).

I won't even try the follow me mode because I prefer that my 1700€ flying camera keeps flying instead of just autocrashing to something.

Even the 3 way battery charger is bugged, and sometimes you have to switch ports for it to start the charge... and I believe that battery autodischarging (as it happened with the DJI Mini 2) isn't working, so it will lead inevitably batteries dyeing prematurely 😑

My Canon R6 cost about the same as the Lite+ and hasn't presented a single issue since I bought it. My previous Canon 6D worked flawlessly for 9 years and it keeps working today, also in the same pricetag. Back to drones, my previous Air2S and Mini 2 had some issues (blackscreen, app crashing, randmo behaviour, etc) but you could trust them a little more than the Lite+.
...Yet, there is probably hundreds of people without these problems ... go figure. You will never hear from them.
Anyway, you certainly have right to be mad with all these problems.

Yes, that's great ....if they actually let you take off. Notoriously wrong with fly zones around here and in Costa Rica in my experience.

I drowned successfully 2 Skydios after they for no reason committed suicide in follow mode . Both replaced under the warranty,
after first denials that you should not fly over water as per disclaimer. Thanks god the CEO is on tape saying flying over water is no problem :)
Do you think I would buy another one? 🙃

Last edited:
My ex M2P gimbal jammed a couple of times midflight. Fortunately restart did reset the gimbal successfully. Ad there was horizon tilt all the time, which is not recoverable.

My Lite+ once had gimbal check problem at startup and refused to take off. The large diameter lens was likely to hit the uneven ground during self-check, so I held it at hand to start up and this time it was fine.

...Yet, there is probably hundreds of people without these problems ... go figure. You will never hear from them.
Anyway, you certainly have right to be mad with all these problems.

Yes, that's great ....if they actually let you take off. Notoriously wrong with fly zones around here and in Costa Rica in my experience.

I drowned successfully 2 Skydios after they for no reason committed suicide in follow mode . Both replaced under the warranty,
after first denials that you should not fly over water as per disclaimer. Thanks god the CEO is on tape saying flying over water is no problem :)
Do you think I would buy another one? 🙃

I'm not mad, unless I commit an operator error the 2 year warranty will take care of it if it decides to suicide (logs don't lie) and at some point the gimbal sway will be patched, but selling half-baked 1700€ drones is not the way to go.

Nano has bugs, Lite has bugs and they leaked an image of the Evo 3 wich I'm sure will come out before Nano and Lite get fixed... and of course, It will also come full of bugs at a 2.000€+ price tag.

1648919369253.png

Last edited:
Reactions: gophcc
I wouldn’t be so confident in the logs files not lying. There are many instances of Autel drones not logging the flights intermittently throughout this forum. My E2P wouldn’t log random flights. Buggy software is buggy software, so it’s a gamble.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791