Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Thankyou EVO 1 for the warning

I spent 200 not long ago on 2. Thats a pretty good sell for them.

don't leave your batteries charged for more than 3 days, run them down if you can

Reactions: PX1P
why can't Autel get the battery problems fixed, shouldn't seem that hard, unless they know it and we have to keep buying batteries. HMMM, money maker
You shouldn't have to pay a dime for a simple defective battery exchange; especially if you're within your 1-year warranty on the equipment. Or perhaps, did you have these in storage unused for an entire year, just sitting without ever periodically charging them or checking upon them to make sure they didn't over-discharge?
With any scenario of the sorts to then, and now to all of a sudden begin using them and act as if you had just discovered they wore down without a clue as to why would most likely be user-error and also highly unlikely unless that is what really happened... lmao, but most definitely not within what you made it seem to take place basically instantaneously??
Buuuuut giving the benefit of the doubt and you're just trying to complain and make AUTEL look bad when in reality they have some of the best and utmost outstanding CS all while dealing with Big named competitors in the space all during a Pandemic!! So please cut them some slack when this is a very easily solved issue and while you may have not gotten in contact with someone right this second, you can rest assured you'll have a response or someone trying to get into contact with you as soon as possible...
On another note, it makes it easier to e-mail in with the full situation at hand, prior order number, and whatever else pertains to your situation at hand to better expedite and receive a resolution to said issue asap.
I hope you got some of your batteries taken care of and have better luck in the near future! Happy flying and stay healthy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm ok.. So tell me please if you think this is an issue.. One of my new batteries i bought a few months ago with the new rugged bundle or whatever from bestbuy for $200..i needed the extra 2 batteries cause mine were fried. Ive mentioned this.. But i just went in my case to charge everything up for a car show im gonna go fly.. And one of my new batteries was reading a full charge but when i pulled it out of the case was noticeably warm.. Like maybe a little less warm than after a flight. But still warm to the touch.. The other 2 in the case. Felt cool.. My question.. Do you think it was starting to discharge? As its probably about time for them per the settings i have them on. I just charged them the other day for a flight. But ive never noticed one actually warm from Just sitting.. Next step?

Umm ok.. So tell me please if you think this is an issue.. One of my new batteries i bought a few months ago with the new rugged bundle or whatever from bestbuy for $200..i needed the extra 2 batteries cause mine were fried. Ive mentioned this.. But i just went in my case to charge everything up for a car show im gonna go fly.. And one of my new batteries was reading a full charge but when i pulled it out of the case was noticeably warm.. Like maybe a little less warm than after a flight. But still warm to the touch.. The other 2 in the case. Felt cool.. My question.. Do you think it was starting to discharge? As its probably about time for them per the settings i have them on. I just charged them the other day for a flight. But ive never noticed one actually warm from Just sitting.. Next step?
That could very well be exactly what the battery is doing, discharging per spec on what the user had set its parameters inside the Autel Explorer app. Now I must remind you if you do not intend to fly or use the battery at all within the same day of charging the battery, do not leave them charged or hooked up to the charger at all. As this will cause some premature damage whether it's intentional or not; when the battery kicks on to do a pre-programmed trickle/discharge it could easily short itself out. Plus if you are not using the battery for the rest of the day or until further notice you need to drop or discharge the battery down to as close to 50% as possible and put away for storage. Make sure you do not charge until the night before or a few hours before you plan on flying ... this is to get the most optimal longevity out of your batteries. It's also Per- AUTEL guidelines for regular battery maintenance.

P.S. Don't forget that we also live in a day in age that we may have mass production but it also comes at a cost for Quality control, nothing comes off the line 100% perfect every time. Just think of them almost as a car or some other mass-produced product. The product may come out perfect about 95% of the time and then there is that unlucky 5 % who get the short end of the stick with some type of faulty product etc... BUT the good part is that the item is more than likely still under warranty and all they have to do is make contact with the company and which I'm sure they will be more than obliged to make things 100% correct like they were. I hope this helps you and I hope you have better luck with all future endeavors and flights!! Be safe out there !!

No matter the brand, LiPo batteries being charged full only to self discharge is a problem. Many people charge all batteries, and fly for 15 min on one, put it back in the case with battery attached. Meanwhile, the other batteries were not used. Those self discharge over the next week. The user recharges all batteries again, flies a bit that weekend, but one battery is not used... it self discharges... Self discharging heats the battery up. NOT GOOD. Heat is the biggest problem for LiPo batteries, and Lipo longevity. After a flight REMOVE the battery from the aircraft immediately. The aircraft belly is a massive heat sink. Heat rises, so you guessed it, it dissipates up toward that already warmed up battery.

Self discharging of batteries is a SAFETY feature, not a method of storage. FLY the batteries until they reach 40-50%, then store them. Charge the batteries needed for the next flight one day prior to the flight.

Just wait until a year or so when all these people start hate spewing Autel when those $200+ E2 batteries crap out!!

LiPo batteries are generally good for about a year or so. First thing you notice is the flight times are lessened on a full charge... "there's your sign".... If you charge a year old battery and instead of getting that 24-25 min charge as you did new ones, and instead it reports 19-22 min... It is likely FAILING. Under load and in hover you will see the flight time change faster. DO NOT fly far when that happens. Damaged Battery typically will only RTH if the battery cells have enough to do so. If they fail in flight, and do not have enough to return, it will emergency land.

Other mfg types tend to swell as they go bad since there is no ventilation. People use those too, and find they have to buy a new drone.

These drones are battery killers. Get used to that part. Batteries are expendables.. get used to that part too. To fly these, the batteries should be in great health. If they are not, do NOT fly any far distances, or fly over water.. you are begging to have to buy a new drone.

man thank you guys that is some really helpful information! You understand more about batteries than I do I know the basic rules...don't leave them charging and all that but I did not know letting them discharge was bad. I thought that was a good thing and I have them set for two or three days but now I know that I will fly my batteries every time I charge them!! That is a very tough thing to do with two drones thank you so much for the wise words. Put it to good use

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials