Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Thankyou EVO 1 for the warning

SilverDragon

Reaction score
I had a complete battery malfunction during flight. I was at a distance of 3500 feet and a height of 395 feet. Cruising at 27 mph. The EVO Just stopped flight and I received a message Battery is damaged and the drone initiated RTH. Yes, it did give me a slight scare because at that distance, height if the battery just gave up powering the EVO, Well you know the ending to that. The battery is not that old 76 flights. I'm just happy that the drone did not fall out of the sky. I will be discarding this battery and I have a replacement ordered.. Mo Money for the hob bee.....
20200827_151001.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: butch and PingSpike
I suffered from the same fate. The only difference was that when it reached 20' high, it wouldn't land or respond to any command.

There, I think Autel going a little hard to throw away the batteries quickly.
In model making the critical difference for an "unbalanced" battery is 0.07 volts between two elements.
There, we have 3,971 for the highest cell and 3,934 for the lowest.
Or a difference of 0.037 Volts ..... ???
It is abusive.

I suffered from the same fate. The only difference was that when it reached 20' high, it wouldn't land or respond to any command.
Same here with my battery. Only my drone only got 10 ft. high before giving notice of "damaged battery". I promptly landed, never initiated the RTH.

Has happened with pretty much with all 3 of my batteries with 60 to 70 charges.. One will still fly if i just recently charged ot. Bitnthe others will throw a warning or the time will count down from 25 mims to 6mins super super quick and the evo will autoland.. Had to buy a rugged bundle from best buy for 200..

Terrible. did it take a hit? Drop it at all?

I'm sure!! yeah I've had one hover and not respond to controls and I think it tried to gain altitude on me I can't remember if I hit the pause button or what I did to get it to stop but it was definitely a scary experience

Reactions: Ansia
I’ve had 3 of my 5 batteries just last week give me a damaged battery warning. And the voltage is just off 0.12 from cell to cell. They all have been charged 16 times and never ran below 20 %. Love the Evo but they have a problem with their batteries.

I’ve had 3 of my 5 batteries just last week give me a damaged battery warning. And the voltage is just off 0.12 from cell to cell. They all have been charged 16 times and never ran below 20 %. Love the Evo but they have a problem with their batteries.
Definitely. The Maxi batteries aren't durable apparently. I wish they would consider another company to make them.

My original 3 did the same. Prob less than 50 flights in..

A stupid question, but not that stupid.
Which version of Explorer do you fly with?
Which could perhaps solve some problems.

The newest version. Fotted for the evo 2 i believe. It did this with previous versions. Maybe missed a battery update but ill check. Thanks

Reactions: Buster McCray
The firmware must match the software that drives it.
You say your firmware is 1.5.8 and your Explorer version is 1.0.1.43.
The Software that drives firmware 1.5.8 and the Explorer version that goes with it is 1.0.1.45. for the Evo 1
Try to combine these two versions and see if you still have the problems.

If you have Evo 1 and firmware 1.5.8, try to reset Explorer Version 1.0.1.45 which is Evo 1 only.
Using the version for the Evo 1 & 2 does not bring anything more, see problems because it may contain more bugs.
I have been flying with these since January and so far have no problems with theft or batteries dating from June 2019.
Give it a try and take another look at your batteries.

The firmware must match the software that drives it.
You say your firmware is 1.5.8 and your Explorer version is 1.0.1.43.
The Software that drives firmware 1.5.8 and the Explorer version that goes with it is 1.0.1.45. for the Evo 1
Try to combine these two versions and see if you still have the problems.

If you have Evo 1 and firmware 1.5.8, try to reset Explorer Version 1.0.1.45 which is Evo 1 only.
Using the version for the Evo 1 & 2 does not bring anything more, see problems because it may contain more bugs.
I have been flying with these since January and so far have no problems with theft or batteries dating from June 2019.
Give it a try and take another look at your batteries.
Ok thanks very much I’ll try it

Version 1.4.18 is the IOS version for Evo 1 and 2.
Look to put back the last Explorer that went with the Evo 1 only and see if you still have the error.
But as there is a good chance on IOS not to find the old versions that worked ......................

There is something else to consider as well, which is the repetition of inserting and removing the battery.
The micro-contacts, by force wear out and oxidize with time and dust.
Regularly, spraying an electronic cleaner-deoxidizer on the Evo contacts and on the battery contacts can solve certain problems.
Perhaps including this one. A bad contact, where the current passes badly, can cause an error on the current value of a cell, which is enough to give the error.
Moreover, this excellent product (take one that does not attack plastic) is also used, among other things, to clean the potentiometers of the radio joysticks. (But obliges to open the radio).

The battery has 10 contacts.
To pass the maximum current (12v), it uses 6 contacts: 4 for (+) and two for (-).
There are four contacts left which are used to read the value of each cell.
One (+) pin 1
One (-) to read the value of cell 1
One (-) to read the value of cell 2
One (-) to read the value of cell 3
A dirty (-) contact on one of these three cells, the reading may be falsified.

why can't Autel get the battery problems fixed, shouldn't seem that hard, unless they know it and we have to keep buying batteries. HMMM, money maker

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain