Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Take off time

macoman

Reaction score
I noticed that the Evo takes longer time than the Mavic Pro platinum to get ready to take off with GPS. I love the Evo more than my Mavic but this difference doesn't change my perception about the Evo.

I noticed that the Evo takes longer time than the Mavic Pro platinum to get ready to take off with GPS. I love the Evo more than my Mavic but this difference doesn't change my perception about the Evo.
My guess is that the GPS system used on DJI's drones locks on faster than Autel's?

Reactions: macoman
I really have not had trouble with that. I usually fire up the Evo then the controller. By the time the controller binds I can take off. Only time I have seen any delay was when I didnt use the phone and the GPS takes that extra second or two.

I really have not had trouble with that. I usually fire up the Evo then the controller. By the time the controller binds I can take off. Only time I have seen any delay was when I didnt use the phone and the GPS takes that extra second or two.
Everything I've read from Autel stresses the importance of powering on the remote first, then the drone. I've been wondering why they suggest that, why it would matter..?

DJI says the same thing. I never do on my Phantoms and Mavics. I stopped when I still flew a PH3 and would wait, and wait, and wait, for the IMU to warm up. Swapped to starting the craft first with no issues for hundreds of flights, miles, and hours on 5 different models.

I think it is for “fly aways”. I remember having an old Hubsan toy and that one was very important to have the TX on first.

DJI says the same thing. I never do on my Phantoms and Mavics. I stopped when I still flew a PH3 and would wait, and wait, and wait, for the IMU to warm up. Swapped to starting the craft first with no issues for hundreds of flights, miles, and hours on 5 different models.

I think it is for “fly aways”. I remember having an old Hubsan toy and that one was very important to have the TX on first.
I think that's why in couple of times I had the issue with the Evo of switching to ATTI in mid air. I had a crashed yesterday because of it. Thankfully only lost a prop. I tested today the stability and looks good. I just need to be patient because I only use the Evo's remote controller only.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dandandan