Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Sun shield for controller?

XPilot

Reaction score
Anyone using a decent sun shield for a tablet? If so, where did you get it?
Mike

Check E-bay, there are several options to choose from based on your screen size. I use the ones Autel offered but they no longer sell them which is a shame, because they were the best quality sunshades on the market. I wish they would make them again due to a obvious demand for quality sunshades.

I think I posted this pic over a year ago - or more. I wanted a sun shade for my XSP and didn't find anything commercially that I liked (or wanted to pay for). So, I looked around my shop and found an old political poster made of some sort of plastic and cardboard stuff (there must be a name for it, but I don't know what that is) and devised this wonderful (though somewhat cobbed looking - :cool: ) sunshade. It works fine! I pained the inside flat black to keep the screen from reflecting on the shade.Sunshade.jpg

I think it is called foam board or something like that. I made a couple like yours using the black foam board. Velcro and some duct tape for hinges and it folds right flat.

Made from this guys template

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Oh yeah, foam board sounds about right. I got the idea from another pilot who made one much smaller. He liked the size of mine better and went on to 'build' a second one - much larger. They are a bit unwieldy, but get the job done.

I have one like the first poster but the one Autel sold seems the best to me. I wonder if they still have them. I bought one for my phone but didn't get one for my tablet. I wish I had the tablet version as I fly only with a tablet now.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Using this one and it works great ! Easy to install and remove in secs.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials