Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Strapped a Sony a7r2 to it and flew it

MikeReidPhotography

Reaction score
Website
www.mikereidphotography.com
Curious about this so I ordered one of those gopro straps and used it to strap the Sony to the underside of my Evo 2 Pro. I was using the second lightest lens, the 28/2 and continuous focus, timelapse and steady shot. Iso at 400 to help.

Took off easily but the compass wouldnt calibrate with that chunk of metal underneath. Flew to about 100 feet and paused to some shots as “steady” as it was going to get.

Hand caught for landing with leather gloves on. It wouldnt shut off easily, but did eventually

Shots look good, I think the strap should be tighter. Seems like a lot of stress on the motors although they werent hot.

Back to the lab…

Curious about this so I ordered one of those gopro straps and used it to strap the Sony to the underside of my Evo 2 Pro. I was using the second lightest lens, the 28/2 and continuous focus, timelapse and steady shot. Iso at 400 to help.

Took off easily but the compass wouldnt calibrate with that chunk of metal underneath. Flew to about 100 feet and paused to some shots as “steady” as it was going to get.

Hand caught for landing with leather gloves on. It wouldnt shut off easily, but did eventually

Shots look good, I think the strap should be tighter. Seems like a lot of stress on the motors although they werent hot.

Back to the lab…

That reminds me of my DJI Phantom 2 days when you used to have to bring your own GoPro. It didn't bother me at the time, but looking back it was pretty terrible; had to hit record before taking off, had tons of useless video footage, and had images set to take one every 15s so a lot of useless pictures too.

It doesn't sound like your EVO 2 will last long with tests like those :cool:

Reactions: timd14
Truly...even if this works, its a serious drain on the motors/props etc
Sounds like the Enterprise Kit with the EVO 2 aircraft having a larger span and bigger rotors on slightly bigger engines should have been able to haul that extra bit of payload. Too bad this kit seems officially no longer for sale. But some still sell it second hand or a few dealers claim have it in stock. I for sure would love to have that for doing such experiments.

Specs: EVO II Enterprise-Autel Robotics

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeReidPhotography
Flying the Enterprise version would not give you more camera control. It would just give a little more lift to the added weight and keep it stable.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy