Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Standard Controller with Enterprise- No photo settings?

yarrr

Reaction score
Just picked up a Standard Controller (for a backup, lighter option, and the RTL button doesn't work on my Smart Controller).

I am able to bind and connect everything with the Standard Controller.

However, I cannot access any photo settings. Everything is greyed out. Can't switch to video, use the camera shutter, etc.

Is this a hardware issue with the Standard Controller?

Another oddity is that the app says new firmware is available (v2.3.8). However, I have updated the vehicle to 2.3.8 via my Smart Controller.

EDIT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE: through some shenanigans and manually updating using the non-Enterprise firmware (what is a brick anyhow?) I was able to get the standard controller set up and working correctly.

Also- the RTL button on the Smart Controller requires a long press - like longer than the customizable button long press. Probably shows up in some video that I never watched.

Last edited:
You have to run the firmware again with the standard controller. I also have the standard controller and the SC. The firmware for the standard controller is different from SC. Just pay attention before doing it.

Reactions: Dave Pitman

However, I cannot access any photo settings. Everything is greyed out. Can't switch to video, use the camera shutter, etc.

Camera feed and control works for me on a standard controller. Both Android and ios. I am on FW 2.1.77.

Did you install the firmware for the standard controller as well? At some point you installed the fw using the Smart controller, but that doesn't bring the standard controller into the mix. You have to repeat.

Reactions: edgardcafe
@edgardcafe Do you use an android or ios device with the standard remote? And, what FW are you using on the craft?
I use iOS (iPad mini )and sometimes my iPhone 12. Im using the latest FW .. but I’m having issues with my SC because sometimes it’s frozen/ hyperlypse does not work properly, lose connection etc... So, I wrote to Ken Booth, and he replied me back saying to downgrade to the previous FW. I’m thinking in doing it although little afraid to downgrade, as we know Ken Booth is not working for Autel anymore.

By manually updating the firmware with the V2 controller (rather than Enterprise "smart only") targets, photo settings seem to be working.

Reactions: Dave Pitman
Just picked up a Standard Controller (for a backup, lighter option, and the RTL button doesn't work on my Smart Controller).

Another oddity is that the app says new firmware is available (v2.3.8). However, I have updated the vehicle to 2.3.8 via my Smart Controller.
Just to make sure you held it down for long enough? It took me a bit to figure out that you have to hold it for almost 5 seconds before it triggers.

Reactions: yarrr
One additional question: in the mobile app with the Standard Controller, at one time there was an option to Match Secondary Controller (button combo home/power/A).

Does this theoretically mean that the Standard and Smart controllers could both be bound to the same vehicle? It didn't seem to work this way for me, but it would be nice if it could.

One additional question: in the mobile app with the Standard Controller, at one time there was an option to Match Secondary Controller (button combo home/power/A).

Does this theoretically mean that the Standard and Smart controllers could both be bound to the same vehicle? It didn't seem to work this way for me, but it would be nice if it could.
I wonder if that the ability to use either controller fully or if it is a team type setup with one person flying and the other controlling the camera...

The v.1 chipset Evo2 can connect to 2 devices at once. Either 2 controllers or 1 controller and a Live Deck.
The v.2 chipset Evo2 can not.

I use iOS (iPad mini )and sometimes my iPhone 12. Im using the latest FW .. but I’m having issues with my SC because sometimes it’s frozen/ hyperlypse does not work properly, lose connection etc... So, I wrote to Ken Booth, and he replied me back saying to downgrade to the previous FW. I’m thinking in doing it although little afraid to downgrade, as we know Ken Booth is not working for Autel anymore.
I don’t even know how to downgrade and it’s not on autels site wither and of course can’t get in touch with them either.

I don’t even know how to downgrade and it’s not on autels site wither and of course can’t get in touch with them either.
I already downgraded with the help of Mr. Ken Booth. I just copied the .bin files to a Sdcard, inserted in the drone, and it automatically downgraded. For the SC Autel Explorer also download the .apk file to a Sdcard and with a USB Adapter inserted in the SC and installed it.

Reactions: elphtrooper

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d