Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Speed

Old Bama Dude

Reaction score
Other than being able to adjust the speed up to 33 mph on the app, I don't supposed there's any other way to increase the speed, is there?

ATTI is not for the inexperienced. It is worth learning as it will prepare you should you ever run into an issue where GPS fails you. It is a skill all RC pilots should eventually be familiar with.

Reactions: WildDoktor
Alrighty then. I've got plenty of room at my place, so I'm gonna give it a whirl, then if I get scared, I'll just flip the switch.:p

Remember, always fly out into the wind so you can always get back easy. A trick I like to do is to fly out and then put it in ATTI and watch it to see which way it blows and how fast. You can even get some good footage just drifting in atti. Try it (carefully)! :)

Maybe I should tie a rope on it.
They make em! :D

Hight-tethered-station-drone-for-surveillance.png

I tried it a little bit, boy it doesn't take long for the wind to take it off. Makes you really appreciate the GPS mode.

By doing that first thing after getting to height you can use that info to decide your best course of action. You won't get caught off guard should you catch a headwind while trying to go home.

No kidding about being careful. I tried ATTI mode a week ago. Lost visual orientation, thinking I was flying it towards me only to be flying it away from me with the wind quickly turning it into a small speck on the horizon. Took a deep breathe, went into Zen, and got it going in the right direction. Had to clean out my shorts!

Next time I will only use GPS with the dog! Just kidding about the dog. :)

flying_pug.jpg

No kidding about being careful. I tried ATTI mode a week ago. Lost visual orientation, thinking I was flying it towards me only to be flying it away from me with the wind quickly turning it into a small speck on the horizon. Took a deep breathe, went into Zen, and got it going in the right direction. Had to clean out my shorts!

Next time I will only use GPS with the dog! Just kidding about the dog. :)

View attachment 364
Please tell me that's photo shopped.

Man,where is the thumbs up button??
This is a great wealth of info on this site!!

Im going to have to play around with ATTI mode,glad to know I can toggle back to GPS in a flash!

Man,where is the thumbs up button??
This is a great wealth of info on this site!!

Im going to have to play around with ATTI mode,glad to know I can toggle back to GPS in a flash!
Yeah, it's kinda neat. If the wind's blowing pretty good and you switch into ATTI, the drone starts drifting with the wind until you switch back to GPS, then it immediately stops. Cool stuff!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials