Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Speed changing problems

scott2323

Reaction score
My nano plus does not change speed when you change modes it’s always super slow any ideas how to get it to function correctly?

I’m having fluctuations in speed from flight to flight. Sometimes it will max out at 9 or 10 mph with , regardless if there is wind or not. Other times it will go 22mph. It never used to do this but over the last couple months this has been happening. Doesn’t matter which mode it’s in when it’s maxing out at the 10 mph range

У меня наблюдаются колебания скорости от полета к полету. Иногда она достигает максимальной скорости 9 или 10 миль в час, независимо от того, есть ветер или нет. В других случаях скорость достигает 22 миль в час. Раньше он никогда этого не делал, но за последние пару месяцев это стало происходить. Не имеет значения, в каком режиме он работает, когда он разгоняется до 10 миль в час
можете ли вы сбросить логи таких рейсов?

I’m having fluctuations in speed from flight to flight. Sometimes it will max out at 9 or 10 mph with , regardless if there is wind or not. Other times it will go 22mph. It never used to do this but over the last couple months this has been happening. Doesn’t matter which mode it’s in when it’s maxing out at the 10 mph range
I am having a similar problem 10 mph no mater what?? Help

My nano plus does not change speed when you change modes it’s always super slow any ideas how to get it to function correctly?
Has it always behaved this way?
Also -- does the speed mode show correctly on your phone app's display?
I've assigned speed modes to one of the custom button controller options and this works well for me.

I'm having this issue too. It's stuck in Smooth mode. The app is able to switch flight modes "visually", even showing a warning for Ludicrous mode. But the flight and return to home speeds are always limited to 5m/s.

In the Menu>Settings>Control>FlightMode>Ludicrous submenu there is the priority setting at the bottom. If "video priority" is selected, you should change that setting to "speed priority" and try. Because when "video priority" is selected, the current to the motors is restricted.

Reactions: ADOC
Even if I am not shooting any video? I will definitely take a look at this, I appreciate the info. I don’t know why it would have worked great for over a year and then change suddenly but stranger things have happened.

Any updates on this? My nano plus is stuck at 5m/s. No matter what mode it is in. Ascend / Descend is fast, but forward motion, tops out at 5m/s and will not go over. Set to ludicrous, obstacle avoidance off, speed priority, no wind. Reset the Ap, latest firmware). Please help y’all!

Mine is behaving correctly and is on the latest firmware/software, so it would seem that it's not affecting all units.

Bit of a long shot, but have you checked that all the prop blades are in the right place (looking out for the dotted/non-dotted difference)?

Today, the flight was normal with the first battery, but the speed was restricted with the second battery. Even though I turned off the sensors in all 3 flight modes, I could not speed more than 3m/sec. It is not understandable.

Just to update my speed issues- I did buy new props and now I’m flying in the high 20’s instead of inching along at 10mph. It’s very possible a firmware update fixed it, I can’t rule that out but when I changed to new blades, I haven’t had a problem since. Strange, I don’t know why it would be that drastic but just reporting my experience. Hope that helps

Just to update my speed issues- I did buy new props and now I’m flying in the high 20’s instead of inching along at 10mph. It’s very possible a firmware update fixed it, I can’t rule that out but when I changed to new blades, I haven’t had a problem since. Strange, I don’t know why it would be that drastic but just reporting my experience. Hope that helps
The problem of my device was also solved. The front sensors were faulty, but I could not tell because there was no error on the screen.

The problem of my device was also solved. The front sensors were faulty, but I could not tell because there was no error on the screen.
Oh interesting. Good to know if it starts doing it again on mine. Thanks!

The props are very thin, perhaps they got warped in a temperature extreme or the way you packed and stored it.
It stands to reason props with a higher pitch would give more thrust.

I think I encountered what your talking about here, yesterday on a windy beach.
I had chosen NOVICE mode, and before T/O seemed to have it complaining about no GPS. Not knowing about GPS requirements for this mode(?), managed to T/O and fly fine, then attempted to Cancel Novice Mode whilst flying - It would Not Cancel.
Once I landed, it could be changed easily.
So therefore, its possible you had taken off in Novice mode and Flying Mode changes are Blocked.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm