Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Some ND Filter Clarity (see what i did there :-))

I will just go by what my friend Michael Kienitz told me about filters and UAV photography............don't waist your money on them :)
If you have no idea who he is google it.

I love threads like this. I'm far from a photographer and it really helps me understand a lot.

Oh here I will save you some time. So if you think he does not know sh$t think again.

"
Michael Kienitz has been a photographer for over 40 years. His traditional photography has appeared in Life, Time, and Newsweek, and other major publications worldwide, his work has been exhibited in the United States and Europe. He was an instructor of photojournalism in the School of Journalism at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. He is presently an electronic imaging instructor at the University of Wisconsin, Madison in the Department of Professional Development. His work has been disseminated world wide by various photo agencies including Contact Press Images, Black Star, Picture Group and Mercury Pictures.

He has won numerous awards for his photography including Best Picture Story from UPI and Best Sunday Magazine Picture Story from The Sunday Magazine Editors Association. While living in New York he worked for Andy Warhol and was the house photographer of The Waldorf Astoria. He created the visual portion of the largest survey ever done to publishers and editors on the ethics of digital imaging He began using Adobe Photoshop before it was a commercially available product in the 1980’s. He has presented digital imaging seminars for the National Press Photographers Association (NPPA), The Society for Newspaper Design (SND), The National Newspaper Association(NNA),American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) and state and local press organizations.He has also produced, shot and edited digital video for television commercials and done still photography for motion pictures."

But wasn't it you who said that you use a nd4, or some nd filter, 99% of the time, and how it made your videos pop?

An ND filter can also help with jello...not that I've ever had any on the punkin.

I can see plenty of use for filters on a drone. I'd like to see someone put out some gradient filters, as well.

Oh I am sorry I left out the Circular polarized filters part which is what I thought we were talking about.
Yes I do use ND filters but not the Circular polarized filters.

Ahhh...ok. Well, the Neewer nd/cpl kit, with a 4, 8, and a 32, cost me $20. Actually free, after the aforementioned rebate, cuz of chips. So....why not cpl's....seeing how they were incorporated into the nd's. Just saying... not really a waste of money. Then, I bought the PolarPro set used, on eBay, from an XSP owner, who crashed and destroyed his punkin.

I do like the ability to cut glare, although you need to set up the shot, per angle.

If you want reflection, it's there too, per settings.

HollyFalls.jpeg

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials