Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SOLVED Autel Lite+ How to force Firmware Update?

ivolin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

How to upgrade my drone? I have latest Autel Sky App
And I see that I have outdated versions of firmware even text colored red. But Autel Sky is not asking me to do so.
Any Ideas how to force this process?

UPD:
Finally I did it.

- Reinstalled Autel Sky App prompted me to update firmware.
Ok. that's good, but.. But It stucked at 24% with message "Upgrade failed"
- I tried 20+ times. With Wi-fi on\off, Cell Data on\off, using different cards etc.. Same - It stucked at 24%
- Then I connected my smartphone to PC and went to This PC\**YourDeviceName**\Internal Memory\Android\data\com.autel.autelsky\files\Upgrade
- And what? I see EVO-Lite_FW_V1.4.64.zip!
- I formatted SD card and copied zip there
- I cleaned Upgrade folder on my device
- I put SD cart into drone and rebooted controller and drone.
Sure - I had doubts will it turn my Light+ to brick or not.. But I tried. :)
- upgrade went a bit strange - it jumped from 0 to "actual" percent than back to 0 than to new "actual". And took about 20 mins and againg stucked at 24% with message "Upgrade failed".
But when I rebooted comtroller and drone Autel Sky said that i have Latest Firmware. Now everywhere under About menu in Firmware version table I have latest numbers.

YOU COULD REPEAT THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK ONLY.

Attachments

• viber_image_2022-08-05_10-57-37-675.jpg
    viber_image_2022-08-05_10-57-37-675.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 19
  • viber_image_2022-08-05_10-57-33-931.jpg
    viber_image_2022-08-05_10-57-33-931.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Finally I did it.

- I tried 20+ times. With Wi-fi on\off, Cell Data on\off, using different cards etc.. Same - It stucked at 24%
- Then I connected my smartphone to PC and went to This PC\**YourDeviceName**\Internal Memory\Android\data\com.autel.autelsky\files\Upgrade
- upgrade went a bit strange - it jumped from 0 to "actual" percent than back to 0 than to new "actual". And took about 20 mins and againg stucked at 24% with message "Upgrade failed".
But when I rebooted comtroller and drone Autel Sky said that i have Latest Firmware. Now everywhere under About menu in Firmware version table I have latest numbers.

Attachments

• viber_image_2022-08-07_19-19-00-197.jpg
    viber_image_2022-08-07_19-19-00-197.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 8
  • viber_image_2022-08-07_19-19-48-330.jpg
    viber_image_2022-08-07_19-19-48-330.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Mat bale and gophcc
Finally I did it.

Yeah, nope.

Autel just sucks….and sucks bad…and they charge a premium for these headaches too!

• Haha
Reactions: flyingfool
Autel just sucks….and sucks bad…and they charge a premium for these headaches too!
Yes indeed, they have a good product but when you try and upload the latest firmware, it is pain in the arse, I wish we can updated through SD card, like the Evo2 8k and the pro, now I bought myself a DJ I drone as a backup, and now I use it more than my lite plus, LOL

Finally I did it.

Thank you for that information, I try so many times but failed, so I gave up and I would try tomorrow, cheers

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials