Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart controller volume

Has anyone come up with a fix for the Smart controller volume issue?
Strange you posted this. I emailed support this morning asking about it. Its like they have all but forgotten the Smart Controller. Seems like it should be an easy fix.

Reactions: mshmovie
For me i whish they would revisit the promps from the Xstar Controller and add those. It was loud and had some nice audio promps.

Has anyone come up with a fix for the Smart controller volume issue?
This post about Low Volume looks like it has died but if anyone is looking now at the end of 2021. Here is my fix with Smart Controller Low Volume.
Android volume booster app. It works and with only a few words spoken at a time I don't think it will hurt the speaker.
It was the last problem I had to deal with along with no internet thru WiFi and both zoom an gimbal thumb wheels. Everything works well.
Android app ( Volume Booster GOODEV _I picked a older version to test_)
It can be found at for safe download Volume Booster GOODEV (Android)

This post about Low Volume looks like it has died but if anyone is looking now at the end of 2021. Here is my fix with Smart Controller Low Volume.
Android volume booster app. It works and with only a few words spoken at a time I don't think it will hurt the speaker.
It was the last problem I had to deal with along with no internet thru WiFi and both zoom an gimbal thumb wheels. Everything works well.
Is there a chance you could make a short video of how it works and how loud it is?

Reactions: edgardcafe
You shouldn't need a video. It's just a Android app you install by coping it to you favorite folder via USB cable or jump drive to the SC from the device you downloaded it to and installing it.
Once installed just find the icon in your app draw on the SC and drag it to your SC desktop and execute. There are only 2 slide bars to deal with. You move them until you get the desired level you like.
All the way up is only slightly distorted. As for how loud it is, I can tell you that you will here it with no problem. You will be turning down the volume either in the SC or on the app.
I feel bad at not making a video for you but its one of my very weakest points, sorry.

You shouldn't need a video. It's just a Android app you install by coping it to you favorite folder via USB cable or jump drive to the SC from the device you downloaded it to and installing it.
Once installed just find the icon in your app draw on the SC and drag it to your SC desktop and execute. There are only 2 slide bars to deal with. You move them until you get the desired level you like.
All the way up is only slightly distorted. As for how loud it is, I can tell you that you will here it with no problem. You will be turning down the volume either in the SC or on the app.
I feel bad at not making a video for you but its one of my very weakest points, sorry.

Works perfect, thank you for posting. Only thing different I did was search for the apk of the file and downloaded directly onto the SC via the browser. Installed via the download folder and voila, I can hear! I set mine to 29% boost, loud and clear.

Works perfect, thank you for posting. Only thing different I did was search for the apk of the file and downloaded directly onto the SC via the browser. Installed via the download folder and voila, I can hear! I set mine to 29% boost, loud and clear.
hopefully someone will post a step by step process for us computer illiterate ;)

I'm so glad you got and it's working for you. Thanks for letting me know and you digging in to accomplish the task.
I don't recommend surfing with the smart controller being a proprietary device but it does work OK that way. I would say that safe web sites that you can log into are OK but why take the chance with an expensive controller.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
hopefully someone will post a step by step process for us computer illiterate ;)
I am a big chicken when it comes to making live videos but I will try to do one like I've seen with just the camera pointing at what your doing with no audio.
I'm not or never have been a video blogger and no nothing about posting and editing videos.
I can try but it probably won't be pretty. Usually those kind of videos get a lot of ridicule these days.
Hopefully one of your friends can walk you thru it before I get the video made.
Good Luck

I'm so glad you got and it's working for you. Thanks for letting me know and you digging in to accomplish the task.
I don't recommend surfing with the smart controller being a proprietary device but it does work OK that way. I would say that safe web sites that you can log into are OK but why take the chance with an expensive controller.

No, not really worried about surfing the web on the browser that comes installed ;). However, there is a recommended way to install apps onto the SC as per Advexure. Here's a copy from that thread.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's important to note that Smart Controller owners should refrain from installing Google Play Store or Google Services Frameworks as it has resulted in units being unable to boot normally.

To successfully install third-party apps, users either should download the APK file directly from the Smart Controller’s web browser.

For example for AirData, the latest Android APK can be downloaded here: App Download - Airdata UAV

ADVEXURE | Unmanned Systems & Solutions | Autel Authorized Dealer (N. America)
www.advexure.com | [email protected] | (855) 625-2055
Shop the Autel EVO II Series: Advexure.com/EVOII

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope this helps.

1. Turn on the SC and once booted up, swipe up from the bottom to get to your android buttons. Click on the home button, ( O ) center one, and open Chrome.

2. go to this website for the file.

3. Right under the top green pk.pure header you should see "Downloading" in blue. And just below that it says "If the download doesn't start, click here" I had to "click here" as mine did not auto download.

4. The apk file will download to the "download" folder. To get there, go back to your home screen ( O ) after swiping up from the bottom of the screen. See the white circle with the 6 dots in it at the bottom, click on that which will open up additional apps.

5. Click on the Cx File Explorer (folder looking icon)

6. You should see the volume booster apk file, click on it to install.

7. Once it installs, select the volume. To change in the future, pull down the screen from the top and you will see it in the drop down menu.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Thank you Dave,

At first, Last night was hesitating installing the volume booster app. This morning, went for it and followed your instructions and it worked. Using my phones hotspot, SmartController and browser installed the volume app.

Thank you! Volume is terrific very loud, set the volume at 28 it appears to be perfect.

Thanks again!
Paul

Last edited:
Reactions: edgardcafe

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller