Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Signal Strength Suggestions? I bought 2 Evo 2 drones both have very short range.

I got the EVO 2 Pro about a month or so ago for my drone business here in Las Vegas. I have been using a Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0 that works very well with no issues other than the GEO fencing nightmare. The Evo Pro comes in very handy as a backup for any potential GEO fencing issues that might pop up. I have been having connection issues with the Evo 2 Pro since day 1. I use an Ipad Mini 4 that works great with the Phantom 4 Pro, no issues. I try the same Ipad Mini 4 with the Evo 2 Pro and it loses connection only a couple of hundred feet away, I replug in the cord and it reconnects. Seems to work better with the iPhone 11, but still loses connection every now and then. Very frustrating. I have been emailing Autel support back and forth. Double checked all the settings, reinstalled the firmware. Will do a drone project tomorrow and see how it works out. Skyviewlv.com

Bstrong
Connectivity problems are just inherent with the Evo 2 compared to your other drone, it's signal tech just cannot approach that. It's sad to say but I had two completely different Evo 2 sets and both exhibited the same sort of issues (though with lots of experimenting I was finally able to achieve over 3000 ft but that is just a tiny fraction of the advertised range). My attempts to contact Autel tech support was lengthy and an absolute nightmare.

I CAN give you a bit of advice though. 1) Unlike other brands the antenna position is fundamental (experiment with it and you will see some improvement) and 2) you must point the antennas exactly at the position of the Evo 2 at all times, try to line it up between the two. 3) Stay far, far away from other signals on the same spectrum like wifi and BT. 4) Keep the Evo 2 in visual contact at all times.

Connectivity problems are just inherent with the Evo 2 compared to your other drone, it's signal tech just cannot approach that. It's sad to say but I had two completely different Evo 2 sets and both exhibited the same sort of issues (though with lots of experimenting I was finally able to achieve over 3000 ft but that is just a tiny fraction of the advertised range). My attempts to contact Autel tech support was lengthy and an absolute nightmare.

I CAN give you a bit of advice though. 1) Unlike other brands the antenna position is fundamental (experiment with it and you will see some improvement) and 2) you must point the antennas exactly at the position of the Evo 2 at all times, try to line it up between the two. 3) Stay far, far away from other signals on the same spectrum like wifi and BT. 4) Keep the Evo 2 in visual contact at all times.

I did not have an issue with any disscons and flew out to 1.4 miles away. That was the farthest I flew it and I pointed the antennas downward with a slight upward notch. I watched the signal on my phone (Samsung Note 10). My issue was the piece of garbage handling in the air if you wanted to fly properly coordinated it was terrible even after the update and running beta app on phone. So I returned it because of that. I almost just ordered another one but reading all the garbage going on with them I will stick to the sleaze bag DJI stuff I have atleast it does what its supposed to and is dependable.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller