Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Sideways flying in a rectangular mission

richkphoto

Reaction score
I need to be able to fly sideway for solar inspection. It can be done in a waypoint mission , but not the other missions and the rectangular and polygon missions are what I would use. It would seem that it would be an easy add if it's already in the waypoint mission. I asked Autel and they said they'd pass it on to the engineers , but it would probably take some time for it to pass done the channels

I believe you can set a heading that is different from the direction of travel. So, if you are travelling due north, you could set the heading to west, so the camera would look west. Also available is Point-of-Interest (POI) that the camera will always look at while flying the mission. Not sure that would work, but the POI could be set far away to keep the angle of view fairly constant.

Fred you got me all excited , but no that isn't how that works. The heading in the rectangular mission changes the direction the drone flies within the rectangular box , but still flies forward In the waypoint mission you can set the direction the drone point as it flies from waypoint to waypoint so if the heading is set to 90 degrees between to waypoints it would fly sideways which is what I want to do in a rectangular mission. I've talked to tech support and they said it should be an easy change, but by the time it moves though all the channels it might take some time and for me it's time I don't have

Gotcha. I guess getting gradual changes from waypoint to waypoint will be even harder to get. I would like to see ways to program cinematic shots. Oh well.

Any update on this? I’m at the 5 yard line for buying a DJI or this and this will push me to DJI if it’s not an option. I’d prefer Autel.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller