Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Should I sell........

slvervper99

Reaction score
So I have this notion of selling my XSP and get the Anafi in replacement of it. And maybe get the EVO or the Mavic Pro 2 later this year. What do you guys think?

I’ve decided to keep my XSP gear, since I have so much, and it works well. It’s a well-known system, I may consider selling it at some point, but not now...

Thank you for the replies. Only reason I've thought about this is because (and I hate to jump into the bandwagon) of Autel possibly and truly may go out (you know what I mean). I understand that they are under Autel Intelligent Technology Corp in China, but how long will a parent company to say....."Well, this branch is not making any money; maybe we should just sell the brand or drop it altogether". There have been telltale signs.....I know about the rumors last year and those rumors did not happen, but even with the release of their only mass consumer product have hit a lot of bumps on the road and this new product is barely a month in the market. They are barely keeping their website updated, and the supply is inconsistent. I don't know. In my point of view.....thinks look a little shaky. Just to clear things up..not bashing Autel - I want them to succeed as much as the next company but............

Reactions: KentA
Unless you really need the money it will make a good back up to what ever you end up getting next. I thought about selling mine but I would not get even half of what I paid for it so it can sit next to my Yuneec drones and collect dust. The way I think about it is like any camera equipment that I own. Its a $1000 dollar camera that might get used 4 or 5 time a year but I have it if I need it :)

Reactions: BillFrmCL
Unless you really need the money it will make a good back up to what ever you end up getting next. I thought about selling mine but I would not get even half of what I paid for it so it can sit next to my Yuneec drones and collect dust. The way I think about it is like any camera equipment that I own. Its a $1000 dollar camera that might get used 4 or 5 time a year but I have it if I need it :)
I don't really need the money - but it would be nice to not have to shell out another $700 for a brand new drone when I can sell mine and use that to offset the cost of the new one. But you guys provide good points about having a spare one. A good example was when I got my Yuneec Q500 last July stuck in a tree. I told myself that I would not buy another drone until Christmas, 2 weeks later I bought the XSP :D and the rest is history

There's far better equipment out there...dump the xsp and get on Craigslist to find gently used gear that works the second you turn it on.

There's far better equipment out there...dump the xsp and get on Craigslist to find gently used gear that works the second you turn it on.
Call me dumb but I'm not sure what you mean, the only reason I was thinking of selling the XSP is because I was thinking of getting the Anafi - features are very similar including the camera except the Anafi have a couple of cool features the 180 deg cam swivel and the dolly zoom (which I can live without for the moment until I have enough funds to get the Anafi while the XSP is on standby), other than that I am perfectly happy with my XSP. It's not about satisfaction with the XSP but rather cost savings if I were to get another drone.

If you are considering the Anafi you need to know the XSP and Anafi are apples and oranges. Both have some good points but nowhere even close to each other. I will be keeping my XSP for the moments that Anafi would not be a good idea to use. The Anafi is built well but it is feather light and I still think I am going to break something on it when I am putting it away that is how small and light this thing is.
On the plus side I had the XSP out this afternoon and thought a bunch of bees was coming after me. The Anafi is so quiet. I would hold off on buying one as there are ton of bugs in both Apps. Not big bugs but enough to piss you off.

Reactions: KentA
If you are considering the Anafi you need to know the XSP and Anafi are apples and oranges. Both have some good points but nowhere even close to each other. I will be keeping my XSP for the moments that Anafi would not be a good idea to use. The Anafi is built well but it is feather light and I still think I am going to break something on it when I am putting it away that is how small and light this thing is.
On the plus side I had the XSP out this afternoon and thought a bunch of bees was coming after me. The Anafi is so quiet. I would hold off on buying one as there are ton of bugs in both Apps. Not big bugs but enough to piss you off.
Thanks for the feedback on Anafi.

Call me dumb but I'm not sure what you mean, the only reason I was thinking of selling the XSP is because I was thinking of getting the Anafi - features are very similar including the camera except the Anafi have a couple of cool features the 180 deg cam swivel and the dolly zoom (which I can live without for the moment until I have enough funds to get the Anafi while the XSP is on standby), other than that I am perfectly happy with my XSP. It's not about satisfaction with the XSP but rather cost savings if I were to get another drone.

Stirring the crap is one of my few talents...don't take it personally

Thanks Agustine....I guess you're right, if I were to buy the EVO - I wouldn't need to deal with any kind of bugs since they still haven't release the iOS Explorer App - so there is nothing to fix ha ha ha j/k :D

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
none taken lol. figured I should explain myself :D

Truth be told I loved my two XSP's but they had operational issues which made them difficult to handle in commercial situations. I thought their build quality and high-wind stability was second to none but I couldn't deal with Autel's glacial firmware releases which fixed one problem and created two more. If the XSP was open source from the beginning like the 3dr Solo it could have been the holy Grail of drones.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials