Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Short Range

Munson15

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea why I'm only getting .4 miles, tops for range? Full charge on the batteries and remote. All batteries have less than 5 charge/discharge cycles. Not a perfectly clear line of sight but taking off from a wide open space and flying high. Not on beginner mode

Anyone have any idea why I'm only getting .4 miles, tops for range? Full charge on the batteries and remote. All batteries have less than 5 charge/discharge cycles. Not a perfectly clear line of sight but taking off from a wide open space and flying high. Not on beginner mode
Checck that distance limit is not activated in the app. Rgds

If all above suggestions are checked off I'd suspect a hardware problem. Try a refresh of the firmware and Starlink app, if problem persists contact Autel CS. Good luck and post resolution.

Are you using an iOS device or an Android device?

See this thread: https://autelxpilots.com/threads/just-went-1-27-miles-with-these.630/page-3#post-5576. - I cannot go further than 0.5 miles using iOS. No limits with Android.

I haven't had the need to do any long distance flying for awhile, none since updating the app to newest iOS version anyway so after reading this thread I took my xsp out on the back of my property where due to foliage I get out around .8 mile before losing radio connection. I ran through 2 packs and both flights went beyond 1 mile before losing radio connection. Never once did I get a flight limit error. My setup is an iPad mini 2 on iOS 10.3.2 and Starlink v2.0.3,

I do have an Android Samsung Galaxy S8+ I can use if it would be better but I have an ipad mini dedicated for my drone. I am at the beach with a wide open sky so I'm going to try it there and se if the ios or android makes a difference

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy