Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SD card "corruption" with Nano+

willyates

Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been covered - I searched and can't find anything other than mention of that more common SD card problem.

First flight of a new Nano+ yesterday, and I updated to the latest firmware beforehand. After the test flight I went to transfer files from the SD card (using a card reader connected to a Mac) and the OS tells me the card is not readable. Putting the card back in the drone I can browse the images and download via the IOS app to my phone, so obviously the data isn't corrupt. I suspect some sort of file system shenanigans, but it's odd.

The card was formatted in the drone itself. I tested with another SD card and am getting the exact same problem. Both cards are authentic Sandisk UHS-3 cards, and are working in other devices as usual.

Any ideas folks?

Apologies if this has already been covered - I searched and can't find anything other than mention of that more common SD card problem.

First flight of a new Nano+ yesterday, and I updated to the latest firmware beforehand. After the test flight I went to transfer files from the SD card (using a card reader connected to a Mac) and the OS tells me the card is not readable. Putting the card back in the drone I can browse the images and download via the IOS app to my phone, so obviously the data isn't corrupt. I suspect some sort of file system shenanigans, but it's odd.

The card was formatted in the drone itself. I tested with another SD card and am getting the exact same problem. Both cards are authentic Sandisk UHS-3 cards, and are working in other devices as usual.

Any ideas folks?
Try windows?

Reactions: Felix the Cat
Since you have a second SD card I'd try to format it on the Mac (I'd guess exfat) then put it back in the drone.

Since you have a second SD card I'd try to format it on the Mac (I'd guess exfat) then put it back in the drone.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's not really a practical solution going forward, but worth checking of course.

FAT32 seems to be the filesystem the drone usually uses, but on the cards affected they both appear to have been formatted (by the Nano+) as FAT. Either way they should read on a Mac.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? It's obviously some sort of bug.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Thanks for the suggestion. It's not really a practical solution going forward, but worth checking of course.

FAT32 seems to be the filesystem the drone usually uses, but on the cards affected they both appear to have been formatted (by the Nano+) as FAT. Either way they should read on a Mac.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? It's obviously some sort of bug.
I think your best bet would try on windows first.

Not sure if you're trolling at this point or just being obtuse. It's not about being an "Apple user" because I'm actually not strictly. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder there.

If you think downloading and installing a copy of Windows is the "easiest way" you need some perspective. Why should someone waste hours in their day on such a thing if they're not going to be using that system as part of their workflow in future? I value my time a bit more than that.

This problem relates to a standardised filesystem that should just work regardless of the OS, and points to an obvious bug somewhere in the Nano+, maybe firmware, who knows. I've already tested it on multiple machines, different card readers, and reproduced the fault now with 4 different SD cards.

Not to worry, I'll get onto tech support.

Reactions: Forrest
Not sure if you're trolling at this point or just being obtuse. It's not about being an "Apple user" because I'm actually not strictly. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder there.

If you think downloading and installing a copy of Windows is the "easiest way" you need some perspective. Why should someone waste hours in their day on such a thing if they're not going to be using that system as part of their workflow in future? I value my time a bit more than that.

This problem relates to a standardised filesystem that should just work regardless of the OS, and points to an obvious bug somewhere in the Nano+, maybe firmware, who knows. I've already tested it on multiple machines, different card readers, and reproduced the fault now with 4 different SD cards.

If you think that in order to test it you have to install windows .....you got issues ... or no friends.
Nobody suggested you to switch OS to use it.
Good luck!

Standardised file systems are as standard as their implementation. It can be that nano makes a file allocation size that the Mac doesn't like. It shouldn't happen but... Is also possible that Apple understanding of exfat is weird (less likely). Unfortunately I don't have a Mac to test but on my windows 10 I do get an error when I put the SD card in (windows asks to repair). If I say yes windows says is fixed but found no errors 😀.

Strange, I use it several times a week on W10 and W11 as well but it never happened to me.
Don't remember anyone to complain about it.
Same with my Pixel phone, I just plug in the card reader and move the files no problem to the internal memory.

At some point, even Card from Evo 2 Pro gives errors when the card is inserted in Windows 11.
But is not an issue, as does not find errors.
Format in WINDOWS as FAT32, will work.
Apple users: There was some strange behavior on MAC for Fat32, seems that some are not full recognized. Also cards formatted in Mac was not seen in drone...this is because some uses a different allocation table that is seen as corrupted on other device.
Just update the drone then format it inside drone. Will work.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy