Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Screen Glare fix...anyone?

cokeaddict

Reaction score
Ok guys, we here down under are about to hit Summer and this brings glare.
On my last 3 flights using the samsung a8 (not that it matters which screen) the glare is so bad, it makes having a screen useless.
Has anyone found a way to cut back glare to the point where we can see something without having to hide in a bush just to watch the screen?
I do run a sun hood which helps but not much.
Any easy fixes anyone has tried?
I read that the anti-glare screen protectors do not work very well.

Anyone ?

I struggle with the very same thing on my K1. Unless I'm well covered, it's difficult to see the screen.

Well, there is always this approach, but you won't see them coming to tazer you so be careful...

A hood over everything really does work the best. Time tested & proven...

tep8070083.jpg

This is a little less "HEY LOOK AT ME" ...

If you start at this link here ---> #28 you can see how to build one yourself.
The PhantomPilots forum search will yield many results. ;)

Reactions: JerPrin and RJ_Make
Sweet on the last one... thanks for that. If i tried that clothes covering me thing I would probably end up running into a tree and knocking myself out

I have lifted up the remote/tablet/sunshade so I'm in its shadow. I also try to wear darker clothes.

Ok guys, we here down under are about to hit Summer and this brings glare.
On my last 3 flights using the samsung a8 (not that it matters which screen) the glare is so bad, it makes having a screen useless.
Has anyone found a way to cut back glare to the point where we can see something without having to hide in a bush just to watch the screen?
I do run a sun hood which helps but not much.
Any easy fixes anyone has tried?
I read that the anti-glare screen protectors do not work very well.

Anyone ?

This is the easiest fix for sun glare . They work great on my galaxy tab S2 9.7". I can see the screen perfectly on the sunniest days. Really does what it says.
[3-Pack] Supershieldz- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector For Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 inch + Lifetime Replacements Warranty- Retail Packaging https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01222W8RG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_G0zlybJG2DN37

Reactions: JerPrin
Thanks guys for the replies.
I checked out the Hoodman gear and will place an order this week. It is VERY expensive for what it is BUT well worth the frustration I get while flying. Here in Australia, it is so much dearer than you guys in USA.
Looking at $160.00 Au dollars for the 2 pieces of cloth. Considering how much time I loose trying to find a way to see my screen just to get that perfect angle, it is well worth having one. Should save me at least 4 minutes per battery which equates to 4 minutes more shooting time.

LuvMyTJ... many thanks for the info mate.
Glazier... did a search and found too many mixed reviews on this, so thanks heaps anyway buddy.

Reactions: Glazier and LuvMyTJ
Thanks guys for the replies.
I checked out the Hoodman gear and will place an order this week. It is VERY expensive for what it is BUT well worth the frustration I get while flying. Here in Australia, it is so much dearer than you guys in USA.
Looking at $160.00 Au dollars for the 2 pieces of cloth. Considering how much time I loose trying to find a way to see my screen just to get that perfect angle, it is well worth having one. Should save me at least 4 minutes per battery which equates to 4 minutes more shooting time.

LuvMyTJ... many thanks for the info mate.
Glazier... did a search and found too many mixed reviews on this, so thanks heaps anyway buddy.
Would love to hear your review on it. :)

TJ..will do a full review as soon as i get it....weather permitting of course. It does look the goods mate. I just hope its light as a feather. I cannot find a way to get rid of the glare and it really annoys the crap out of me especially when I need to do tight work in tight spaces.
Should arrive in 7 days I hope, they said it was in stock but didnt mention if stock was in USA or here in Australia

I struggled with the mirror like glare on my Galaxy Tab A too. If it was a sunny day (and I always try to fly on sunny days!) just about the only thing I could see on the tab was my scowling face. So I first made a cover for my controller with some material I 'repurposed' from a political poster (heh heh). Then I ordered a glare reducer for my Tab from Amazon. So far, so good. Still a little reflection, but not that mirror like effect I used to get. Here's a shot of my high tech sun shade.

Attachments

• Sunshade.jpg
    Sunshade.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 26
Sounds good Tommy,
But I am where your at now and still frustrating. The hoodman kit is heading my way. Delivery time is pathetic here in Australia. Seems to take forever. Should have ordered it from USA. Always get my things from there within 4 to 5 days. But thats life

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials