Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Save position/ altitude/ camera position

pedals2paddles

Reaction score
I'd like to put the Evo 2 Pro up and park it in the exact same position/altitude with the camera pointing exactly the same direction and angle. Is there a mission or smart mode that can accomplish this?

The purpose is to take a weekly or monthly series of photos for a long time lapse.

Maybe just program a mission and then fly it every time you want.

I'd like to put the Evo 2 Pro up and park it in the exact same position/altitude with the camera pointing exactly the same direction and angle. Is there a mission or smart mode that can accomplish this?

The purpose is to take a weekly or monthly series of photos for a long time lapse.
Yes, it is the REC mission mode that stores xyz-position of the drone as well as gimbal angle and camera properties. You have to fly the mission once (can not be planned or altered) to let it be repeated. For my 640T also the digital zoom parameters were stored.

Edit: IIRC there actually are some altering options within flown and stored REC missions but I do not remember to which degree (i.e. deleting waypoints etc), The weather here is too bad for just testing something and I recently made some clean installs after downgrading from the beta back again to the official FW so my evaluation REC missions are gone ...

Last edited:
Yes, it is the REC mission mode that stores xyz-position of the drone as well as gimbal angle and camera properties. You have to fly the mission once (can not be planned or altered) to let it be repeated. For my 640T also the digital zoom parameters were stored.

Edit: IIRC there actually are some altering options within flown and stored REC missions but I do not remember to which degree (i.e. deleting waypoints etc), The weather here is too bad for just testing something and I recently made some clean installs after downgrading from the beta back again to the official FW so my evaluation REC missions are gone ...
Is there a forum that talks about downgrading to a previous firmware?

Is there a forum that talks about downgrading to a previous firmware?
I have a V2 Smart Controller (SC). So this is how I downgraded from the beta FW constellation back to the official FW (app and aircraft):
1) Before downgrading the app you should back up all your files on the SC (flight logs, missions etc.) you want to keep, because downgrading will erase the current individual files and settings!
2) From the SC's Android Apps system settings choose the option to revert the "Explorer" App to the original installation state. (3 dot options menu)
3) Download the official SC "Explorer" App and copy it to a USB stick.
4) Install the official "Explorer" App from the USB stick inserted into the SC. Then keep the SC running with the reverted "Explorer" App (with welcome or camera screen).
5) Download the official aircraft FW and copy it to an mSD card.
6) Install the official aircraft FW from the mSD card inserted into the aircraft and turn it on. On the SC the progress of the aircraft FW downgrade then will be shown.
7) As finally shown on the SC app screen shut down the aircraft, restart the SC and turn back on again the aircraft. You can check the downgraded FW versions in the App settings under "About".
8) If you want to have all your flight batteries on the same (downgraded) FW version: turn off the aircraft, put in the next battery and repeat steps 5) to 7)

Last edited:
Reactions: edgardcafe

Ah that sounds perfect!! I've not used the rec mission, figures the one thing I haven't tried. Thanks!

I've not had great success with REC missions. It seems to rarely hit the exact spot(s) on flying it after recording. Also, as with all missions, you cannot use bracketed exposures which is a real shame.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58