Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Rolling The Smoke On Some Bacon

Those look noice!
But I don't put peppers in my cabbage rolls lol. I imagine they'd be good in cabbage rolls though.
I kinda wished I'da planted a garden this year. Got lazy. Last year I had some San Marzano tomatoes. Great for sauces.

I’m really jealous of the veggie garden. I’ve always grown my own (LOL). Tomatoes and peppers of all kinds, there’s just nothin’ like it. I’m reading about how to do it in the desert. It ain’t easy, but I’m gonna try. They say you can get 2 crops a year!

Reactions: Tufargon
I’m really jealous of the veggie garden. I’ve always grown my own (LOL). Tomatoes and peppers of all kinds, there’s just nothin’ like it. I’m reading about how to do it in the desert. It ain’t easy, but I’m gonna try. They say you can get 2 crops a year!
Yep I did very well back in Scottsdale. All I did was make sure they had enough water and put a cover over them that only somewhat blocked the sun. Perforated type material like they put over windows on campers and some people put over their pools there in AZ.

Yep I did very well back in Scottsdale. All I did was make sure they had enough water and put a cover over them that only somewhat blocked the sun. Perforated type material like they put over windows on campers and some people put over their pools there in AZ.
Cool! Did you build a box for better soil, or??

Dug out a spot and put good soil in is all. Nothing special. I did grow some sort of Japanese cucumbers that got over 2 feet long and about the diameter of a baseball. Never could find those seeds again. My boxer dog would eat them and when I'd go to pick them they'd look like a canoe :rolleyes:

Dug out a spot and put good soil in is all. Nothing special. I did grow some sort of Japanese cucumbers that got over 2 feet long and about the diameter of a baseball. Never could find those seeds again. My boxer dog would eat them and when I'd go to pick them they'd look like a canoe :rolleyes:
Ok, I’ll give it a go, probably next spring. I got a place way back in the backyard that I don’t use much. One final question, do you remember what kind of tomatoes & such grew well in the heat?? TY!

Ok, I’ll give it a go, probably next spring. I got a place way back in the backyard that I don’t use much. One final question, do you remember what kind of tomatoes & such grew well in the heat?? TY!
Honestly I can't recall. I usually pick different varieties every year. Last year here I did San Marzanos from seeds direct from Italy where they are originally from. There is a law that nobody can sell San Marzanos as San Marzanos unless they are grown in a certain part of Italy. Kind of like copyright. They are the best for pasta sauces.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Picked my first tomato from the plants I have, only about 100 more to ripen LOL
Also went and picked up another Pork Belly this morning and its in the fridge downstairs curing. Should be rolling the smoke on that one around Aug. 19th.

2019-08-07 08.05.35.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy