Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Replay via live deck?

NAntonio77

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to the Autel world and so far I am luving it! I had a question that I hoped someone might know the answer to. I've set everything up successfully with mii drone and the live deck and all that. I was wondering, is there a way to replay footage from what was captured on the drone to the secondary monitor that's connected to the live deck? I've typed in nearly every form of question on Google I could think of but nothing came up. Anyone know if this is possible?

Hello. I'm new to the Autel world and so far I am luving it! I had a question that I hoped someone might know the answer to. I've set everything up successfully with mii drone and the live deck and all that. I was wondering, is there a way to replay footage from what was captured on the drone to the secondary monitor that's connected to the live deck? I've typed in nearly every form of question on Google I could think of but nothing came up. Anyone know if this is possible?
You mean to mirror what is on your screen to the secondary monitor ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Evo 2 Pro in the Rain.

Download a screen recording app....then replay it?
I don't think that'd necessarily help with replaying drone footage. Because the replay would have to come "from" the drone itself since it's connected via the Live Deck. And I'm not finding anything on the Live Deck working in conjunction with 3rd party recording apps.

one word: CrystalSky
Thanks. But, after watching several videos (that make it look extremely easy) and reading several more reviews about the CrystalSky, I'll pass. It seems everyone has an issue upon downloading that APK file and properly getting everything to sync up and work consistently without having to factory reset and start over. Plus, the CrystalSky doesn't have the ability to connect to WiFi leaving it useless to having access to maps when on the road. Yes, you can download the maps but that's just more work for the Drone Pilot to have to constantly download maps everywhere they go. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Thanks. But, after watching several videos (that make it look extremely easy) and reading several more reviews about the CrystalSky, I'll pass. It seems everyone has an issue upon downloading that APK file and properly getting everything to sync up and work consistently without having to factory reset and start over. Plus, the CrystalSky doesn't have the ability to connect to WiFi leaving it useless to having access to maps when on the road. Yes, you can download the maps but that's just more work for the Drone Pilot to have to constantly download maps everywhere they go. Thank you for your suggestion though.
you asked:

"Is there a way to replay footage from what was captured on the drone to the secondary monitor that's connected to the live deck?"

The answer is yes, with a crystalsky connected to your live deck; pretty sure this can be done.

you may have been watching the wrong videos, since the cs unit has wifi and installing the autel explorer apk is the easier piece. not sure what you are referring to about maps and syncing up....to do what you are asking, you don't need to maps or "syncing" I don't believe. I have never reset my c.s. not even once. keep in mind, I am not suggesting you use the c.s. to fly your drone but simply attach it to your live deck as if it is a super monitor (wifi, runs apks, screen recording, video playback, hdmi in/out, battery, sd card slot, etc).

also, I might not have understood exactly what you are asking but if you are in the field and you launch your evo and fly for 15 minutes and capture 8 minutes of footage, you want to pause your drone and hover and before proceeding, you want to rewatch that 8 minutes of footage so you can make adjustments and fly a bit differently for the second half of your flight. is that correct?

you asked:

"Is there a way to replay footage from what was captured on the drone to the secondary monitor that's connected to the live deck?"

The answer is yes, with a crystalsky connected to your live deck; pretty sure this can be done.

you may have been watching the wrong videos, since the cs unit has wifi and installing the autel explorer apk is the easier piece. not sure what you are referring to about maps and syncing up....to do what you are asking, you don't need to maps or "syncing" I don't believe. I have never reset my c.s. not even once. keep in mind, I am not suggesting you use the c.s. to fly your drone but simply attach it to your live deck as if it is a super monitor (wifi, runs apks, screen recording, video playback, hdmi in/out, battery, sd card slot, etc).

also, I might not have understood exactly what you are asking but if you are in the field and you launch your evo and fly for 15 minutes and capture 8 minutes of footage, you want to pause your drone and hover and before proceeding, you want to rewatch that 8 minutes of footage so you can make adjustments and fly a bit differently for the second half of your flight. is that correct?
Gotcha. Yes, all the videos I found showed connecting the CS to the remote, not the Live Deck. I haven't come across any link or video showing how or if it can be connected to the Live Deck.

And yes, you are correct on that scenario. That's EXACTLY what I'm looking to do. I think it'd be a great addition, and a key professional detail of being a commercial drone pilot, to be able to show clients playback from the secondary monitor they're already looking at, rather than squeezing in to view it on the tablet that's connected to my remote. It'd also be great because it creates that safe distance needed now regarding Covid.

So do you have a CS and use it in this way? Would you mind sending me link(s) to the current stats? And which one to purchase?

NAntonio77,​

I have the 5.5" cs and have been using it as my primary screen running the apk and connected to the rc. but only because I have a monitor on a tripod connected to live deck. I would recommend a refurb from dji which is pretty solid and way less expensive.

now that I have a tripltek tablet, I will explore a new setup which will likely cause me to move the cs to the tripod and at that point, I can experiment with the situation you described.

as a recreational pilot, im only doing this for fun, just looking for a way to see the drone camera on display easily (im into nits) and having my spectators be able to easily watch.

there are a lot of live deck videos out there but maybe you can start with this one:

NAntonio77,​

I have the 5.5" cs and have been using it as my primary screen running the apk and connected to the rc. but only because I have a monitor on a tripod connected to live deck. I would recommend a refurb from dji which is pretty solid and way less expensive.

now that I have a tripltek tablet, I will explore a new setup which will likely cause me to move the cs to the tripod and at that point, I can experiment with the situation you described.

as a recreational pilot, im only doing this for fun, just looking for a way to see the drone camera on display easily (im into nits) and having my spectators be able to easily watch.

there are a lot of live deck videos out there but maybe you can start with this one:
Hmmm, ok that video was interesting. Definitely more informative than what I've come across. Thank you for sharing that.

I do this commercially so I want to be able to do a lot and offer a lot to my clients. I know I don't want either of the CS's as my primary because those are too small for me. I like my screens to be big when I'm flying LOL Right now I'm using a 10" tablet for my primary. I think I'll purchase a refurb 5.5" and use that as the 3rd mon setup to be used specifically for playback. Hopefully, that will work.

Thank you again.

You download the screen recording app on the live deck monitor. Assuming the other monitor is a Android of IOS tablet. The app records anything thats on the screen, runs in the background. Then when flight is over stop the recording and show client the footage. Or am I missing the intended goal here?

If the goal is to control the footage from the flight tablet then just mirror that screen to the live deck screen once done.

Reactions: NAntonio77
You download the screen recording app on the live deck monitor. Assuming the other monitor is a Android of IOS tablet. The app records anything thats on the screen, runs in the background. Then when flight is over stop the recording and show client the footage. Or am I missing the intended goal here?

If the goal is to control the footage from the flight tablet then just mirror that screen to the live deck screen once done.
No not at all. That's exactly the goal. I was just caught off since I didn't realize I could do that with the live deck. Do you have any particular go-to apps that you would recommend? Thank you for the info! I'm going to research this now.

This shouldn't be an issue with live deck if using tablet or controlling tablet as both are running through Explorer app when in use. Unlike a simple HDMI display like Feelworlds.

iOS has this already. You can actually set it up so its part of the quick menu. I use it all the time to record Doppler Rader on the radar app to send to friends showing the moving radar. For Android try AZ Screen recorder app. I like Android better for live deck because the video fills the screen unlike iOS. Keep in mind that you need to install Explorer app when using a tablet with live deck. Other devices like Feelworld only use HDMI. No app needed but then can't record. Even though I like android better my live deck setup is a iPad because I already had one, in a soft case and the live deck cleanly zip tied to the back. Im not commercial but it looks really professional. Can send pic if you wish.

Just confirmed I can do this on my Samsung S5e too

One thing worth mentioning is since the tablet on the live deck is running explorer app, people holding that can hit some buttons in the app and F crap up. There may be a way to disable that, haven't looked into it. iOS also has limit functions so the screen touching is disabled, I use that for my toddler and youtube.

Last edited:
Reactions: NAntonio77
This shouldn't be an issue with live deck if using tablet or controlling tablet as both are running through Explorer app when in use. Unlike a simple HDMI display like Feelworlds.

iOS has this already. You can actually set it up so its part of the quick menu. I use it all the time to record Doppler Rader on the radar app to send to friends showing the moving radar. For Android try AZ Screen recorder app. I like Android better for live deck because the video fills the screen unlike iOS. Keep in mind that you need to install Explorer app when using a tablet with live deck. Other devices like Feelworld only use HDMI. No app needed but then can't record. Even though I like android better my live deck setup is a iPad because I already had one, in a soft case and the live deck cleanly zip tied to the back. Im not commercial but it looks really professional. Can send pic if you wish.

Just confirmed I can do this on my Samsung S5e too

One thing worth mentioning is since the tablet on the live deck is running explorer app, people holding that can hit some buttons in the app and F crap up. There may be a way to disable that, haven't looked into it. iOS also has limit functions so the screen touching is disabled, I use that for my toddler and youtube.
Wow, ok great! Thank you for all the information on navigating this issue! I really appreciate it! I'll mess with these new configurations and settings soon. And when I do I'll update you on my progress. Thanks again!

I would plug any android device into the livedeck usb and use a screen recorder.

I would plug any android device into the livedeck usb and use a screen recorder.
the ops asked:

please let us know the best way to take the recorded footage that is stored on the android device and quickly replay it on the large monitor that is also attached to the livedeck. I don't know of an "easy" and professional way to do this but yes it can be done. if he is using an iPad Pro, maybe not necessary but I'm thinking 40" television standing on a table with 4 chairs type of scenario maybe.

the ops asked:

please let us know the best way to take the recorded footage that is stored on the android device and quickly replay it on the large monitor that is also attached to the livedeck. I don't know of an "easy" and professional way to do this but yes it can be done. if he is using an iPad Pro, maybe not necessary but I'm thinking 40" television standing on a table with 4 chairs type of scenario maybe.
connecting the device you used to record the screen to the tv by usb as a mass storage unit and play the video from the tv.

dump the video to a pendrive and play it on the tv

use the chromecast option of your tv and send via wifi the video from the phone to the tv

connecting the device you used to record the screen to the tv by usb as a mass storage unit and play the video from the tv.

dump the video to a pendrive and play it on the tv

use the chromecast option of your tv and send via wifi the video from the phone to the tv
ok thanks.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo