Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Recommendations on Remote ID module for Evo Pro 2

AndrewS

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an Evo Pro 2 v1 which obviously isn't compliant with upcoming remote ID requirements. I'm looking for recommendations for a good (small, decently priced, fits this drone) Remote ID broadcast module. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

I'm looking for a remote ID module also. I really with that Autel would do a firmware upgrade to the EVO II Pro V2 so that the ID would be built in. But according to an email I got from Autel when I asked them about remote ID, it's not going to happen.
What would be great is that if the ID is built in then the drone can go beyond line of sight for operations. This is my understanding.

I'm looking for a remote ID module also. I really with that Autel would do a firmware upgrade to the EVO II Pro V2 so that the ID would be built in. But according to an email I got from Autel when I asked them about remote ID, it's not going to happen.
What would be great is that if the ID is built in then the drone can go beyond line of sight for operations. This is my understanding.
Don't expect anything from Autel. They have written off prosumer customers. They could not care less.

Hi all,

I have an Evo Pro 2 v1 which obviously isn't compliant with upcoming remote ID requirements. I'm looking for recommendations for a good (small, decently priced, fits this drone) Remote ID broadcast module. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
You can get a Dronetag Mini for $299. Several drone dealerships sell them. I purchased mine from Vertigo Drones.

You can get a Dronetag Mini for $299. Several drone dealerships sell them. I purchased mine from Vertigo Drones.
I said it a year ago... People will get gouged for these add on modules. What a joke! $300 when FAA said they would avg $60. And the FAA wants a unique transponder for each drone? Going to be a ton of drones getting tossed in the can. This is lame. Our company drones are V3 so those are good. I just feel for those with older drones because I have 2 V1 E2 series in 6K and 8K and no way am I paying $600 for those devices. This whole thing is a ruse, and for what... what does it actually do ? LEO's even have no idea what it is... I've asked several.

Try DroneBeacon, they have a self contained module with battery etc iirc db120, heres link: https://107rid.com/shop/ols/products/dronebeacon-db120-remoteid-broadcast-module-with-battery
If you're willing to wait WEEKS for their product to arrive. I'm on day 13 of waiting for my module to arrived via Priority Mail. The company had been of no help in getting this to me any quicker. They told me that USPS is shows because it's a battery. No where on their site does it say anything about their shipments taking forever yet they charge you Priority Mail rates. What a joke...

Don't expect anything from Autel. They have written off prosumer customers. They could not care less.
The most popular model is the Dronetag MIni. It cost about $300. I bought mine last Summer from Vertigo Drones. I heard that there are a lot of backorders because of people procrastinating and the FAA extended the deadline by 6 months. Get it done ASAP.

If you're willing to wait WEEKS for their product to arrive. I'm on day 13 of waiting for my module to arrived via Priority Mail. The company had been of no help in getting this to me any quicker. They told me that USPS is shows because it's a battery. No where on their site does it say anything about their shipments taking forever yet they charge you Priority Mail rates. What a joke...
Mine arrived a couple of months ago :)

Hi all,

I don't know if you already found a remote id module, but for my EVO Pro 2, I will try the one made for Holy Stone and DJI's. Is cheap and can be configured over bluetooth with the specs of the drone you will fly. One module for multiple drones. This is the link:

I don't know if you already found a remote id module, but for my EVO Pro 2, I will try the one made for Holy Stone and DJI's. Is cheap and can be configured over bluetooth with the specs of the drone you will fly. One module for multiple drones. This is the link:
If you are flying as part 107 then each airframe needs a dedicated Remote ID, moving from airframe to airframe only applies to recreational pilots.

As far as the module, I am currently leaning toward the Pierce Aerospace B1 at $275

SHG

I installed the Holy Stone on my v1 and it works fine.

Reactions: Chromedome
That wasn’t my point, my point was that if you wanted to fly further with a remote ID module, then the B1 is your best bet. That’s all I’m saying
And what you are saying is incorrect. Distance away from you has absolutely nothing to do with RID modules. It is not a specification that even exists to reference.

Reactions: Chromedome

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone