Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote ID For EVO 2 ProvV3

LennHen!

Reaction score
Can you give suggestions for a remote ID that will work well with my EVO 2 ProV3 without being to heavy?

So you have a remote id reader that's picked up their RID transmission? What kind do you have?
Don't have a reader. I have been flying my V3 (after inputting my FAA 107 certification # to activate the RID feature) on many different jobs, in various different controlled airspace settings, including zero grids and have always gotten airspace authorization and never had any issues with the FAA. Also the smart controller always pops and notification of when an aircraft is approaching and shows the aircraft symbol fly through the airspace that I am currently in as it travels across the sky. I've had my V3 drones for almost a year now and have never had any issues with the FAA. I will continue to fly with them until they either do not work anymore or until the FAA contact me and informs me there's an issue.

Yes, so have many others. But what none of us can really figure out is if it's actually transmitting a valid RID signal. Noone here can seem to find a way to read it. The suspicion now based on a support email from autel is that it's not and they'll deal with it sometime before the enforcement exemption runs out. However technically speaking were still liable to start using it today, just they have chosen not to prosecute for non compliance for another 6 months.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
Yes, so have many others. But what none of us can really figure out is if it's actually transmitting a valid RID signal. Noone here can seem to find a way to read it. The suspicion now based on a support email from autel is that it's not and they'll deal with it sometime before the enforcement exemption runs out. However technically speaking were still liable to start using it today, just they have chosen not to prosecute for non compliance for another 6 months.
We can't remedy a situation that may or may not exist. We purchased a product that was advertised to be compliant with the RID law. We did our due diligence as certified pilots to follow that law. If the company sold us that product under false pretenses, then the liability would be on them not us. It would make sense that if our aircraft were not complying that we would not get airspace authorizations especially in zero grid locations.

When I registered my two V3 RID compliant aircraft on the FAA website, it asks whether it is RID compliant or not and when I tried to enter the serial # from my V1 that is clearly not complaint, it gave me an error code making me correct the information. So it seems that the FAA has a list of RID compliant aircraft.

Just registered my new V3 at the FAA drone zone and the remote ID serial number was the aircraft serial number. Mine registered without issue

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
I have a v3. Just updated firmware on the aircraft and the controller yesterday. No indication that it has remote ID. I have dronetag beacon for another drone I own and you create an account and can see your drone in the app. I guess I'm hoping like everyone else that they have an update before March 16.

Remote ID is active on all V3 aircraft. I believe the setting for the broadcast is in the general tab in settings. At least it is for all of my V3 aircraft and I have three of them. I have the RTK, the 640T and the Enterprise. Before the first flight on all of my aircraft I was prompted to enter my 107 pilot number to activate the RID broadcast. It did not allow me to start the rotors on any of the aircraft without entering my pilot ID prior to the first flight.

Remote ID is active on all V3 aircraft. I believe the setting for the broadcast is in the general tab in settings. At least it is for all of my V3 aircraft and I have three of them. I have the RTK, the 640T and the Enterprise. Before the first flight on all of my aircraft I was prompted to enter my 107 pilot number to activate the RID broadcast. It did not allow me to start the rotors on any of the aircraft without entering my pilot ID prior to the first flight.
So we all know the controller UI says it.... What the debate is this... None of us have been able to verify that it's actually transmitting properly. None of the regular drone ID apps see the Autel Evo v3s or Max's.

--Chris

It is seen by Fusion Watch, at the Las Vegas metropolitan Police department's UAS threat intervention program. Don't understand why it's not showing up in other programs

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm