Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Received my Neewer ND Filters Today

Very nice video thanks for sharing! On my way to ebay and amazon to look into some of these filters now. I'm content with the images I'm getting but I also get the carrot and seem to have a kind of blueish greyish tint to my videos no matter what I try. Think this will be very beneficial!!

I have had mine since I bought my rig, and I am very happy with Neweer.

My only gripe - it is 30mm OD and they do not fit the stock gimbal holder. I had to cut some slices on the gimbal holder lens cover and heat form it with a 30mm wide steel cylinder. It's not perfect but seems to do the job until I buy a 3D printed solution.
IMG_7253.JPG

Yes at least that's what I was considering the carrot. Also when I yaw left or right there is a brief orange flare on the video.

Very nice video thanks for sharing! On my way to ebay and amazon to look into some of these filters now. I'm content with the images I'm getting but I also get the carrot and seem to have a kind of blueish greyish tint to my videos no matter what I try. Think this will be very beneficial!!
What are you using to edit with? Specific camera settings & LUT's may be something you want to look into.

I like my Neewer filters . I even used my Dremel tool to sand out the interior of the lens cap portion of the gimbal holder. Now it fits over the filter. Go slow and do trial fits. While I was at it I trimmed the clips of the gimbal so I did not have to yank on it so hard to get it off.

Here is a video from a very good friend of mine (Tuna)who is very talented. He fly's a Yuneec Typhoon H but I don't hold that against him. :) He made this very nice tutorial on color correcting. You can use this in a lot of video editing programs.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Reactions: Shogun182
Cool, I honesty have never seen these! It's been a week and the forum has already helped me several times. Thank you!
To be fair, many of the card readers sold for iOS devices don't work correctly. This one does... most of the time. It will say it is not supported but it still works fine. Other times it doesn't see it. I have pretty good luck with it so for $9 it is worth trying it. I talked to a friend who tried a couple of the non-powered models and none of them worked. I use a wall adapter or power bank to power it if I don't have a computer nearby. I open photos and push the card in, it will then make an import option appear.

IMG_4127.PNG IMG_4128.PNG

That's the only bad thing about iOS devices, if you don't use their apple approved equipment it's not completely reliable. Even if they don't make that specific item like a sd card reader. I just wish they would ease up on that a little. I've bought off brand chargers that I even had issues with. Kinda ridiculous. But thanks for the heads up. I'm already looking at a few!

Ok guys, you've had these filters for a while now. If you were to buy again, would you buy the same ones, or would you buy the nd/pl version?

As for the nd/pl version, am I correct in thinking that until you're up in the air, you really don't know if you want to use the PL filter? So you'd have to land, turn the filter, and take off again?

Also, is the PL filter "all or nothing"; or does is filter "more" the more you turn it?

Nope...I don't know much about PL filters. :)

A polarizing lens (filter) works by using usually two different lenses, one of which can be rotated. Since glare is reflected and scattered light on traveling on several planes, each filter will allow light to pass only on one plane. When the glass is rotated, the scattered light is only able to pass on one plane, reducing the scattered light. It's been a long time, but when I used polarizers in photography, I would rotate one lens until the glare was reduced and the color was the most saturated. Probably a very crude explanation of polarizers, but maybe I've given some insight.

I like mine and they are not the polarized ones. I guess having the added option of the PL is helpful but I had a set of Polar Pros and found the PL would make everything look blue.
I am going to ordering the 32, 64 & 1000 Neewer soon. With the 1000 I will be able to do long exposure during the day.
Would I buy them again? Yes I would.
Unless it is crazy sunny I pretty much use the ND4 all the time.

Thanks for your replies guys; I just ordered the nd/pl set...the should be here in a couple days, and we'll see how they do!

Ok guys, you've had these filters for a while now. If you were to buy again, would you buy the same ones, or would you buy the nd/pl version?

As for the nd/pl version, am I correct in thinking that until you're up in the air, you really don't know if you want to use the PL filter? So you'd have to land, turn the filter, and take off again?

Also, is the PL filter "all or nothing"; or does is filter "more" the more you turn it?

Nope...I don't know much about PL filters. :)

Here's the best way to think of the filters for your camera.

Neutral Density filters are like sunglasses or tinting film on car windows. They drop the level of all light hitting the lens regardless of the direction it is entering the lens.

Polarizing filters are a like set of blinds or louvers on a window. They reduce the amount of light entering a lens by completely blocking some of the light on a certain plane. Rotating the filter allows for aligning which way the blinds will align to the light entering the lens.

Since ND filters allow the light from all angles to enter the lens, you will still have ghosting, reflection, distortion, etc. associated with reflected light. But there will be less light allowing for a slower shutter speed.

A polarizer will help reduce any off-angle or reflected light entering the lens. This reduction in light often will appear as deeper color saturation.

Think of it as if you have a landscape shot where the sun is out of the frame but still in front of the camera. The light from the sun is entering the lens off angle and all that extra light is bouncing around inside and eventually hitting the sensor as glare and distortion. Using a polarizer, you can block much of that off-axis sunlight, so more of the light from directly in front of the lens is making it's way to the sensor.

I often use both in combination.

I like mine and they are not the polarized ones. I guess having the added option of the PL is helpful but I had a set of Polar Pros and found the PL would make everything look blue.
I am going to ordering the 32, 64 & 1000 Neewer soon. With the 1000 I will be able to do long exposure during the day.
Would I buy them again? Yes I would.
Unless it is crazy sunny I pretty much use the ND4 all the time.
Hi Augustine, do you know the filter thread size? or where to get the higher value ND filters that fit the pumpkins?

Regards,

C.B.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonalsBerigon310