Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Reasonable ND filters for Evo 2 6K (NOT FREEWELL)

Autelian

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a good set of ND filters for the Evo 2 6k other than the grossly overpriced Freewell ones?

you could just google it, really. here is another option ND 4,8,16,32,64

if you like installing/removing filter every time, then you can use any double threaded 28mm 'standard' camera filter. They don't fit into gimbal cover, but are very cheap.

The Freewell set I bought has 8 filters, including 5 circular polarizers (4 of these incorporating an ND factor, too) and are multicoated. Now, I know we're all rather addicted to demanding dirt-cheap imports these days, but for about $16 US each, arriving in a jewel case that holds them flat and opens with a magnetic catch and a design that makes swapping them out in the field a breeze (while keeping them clean!) -- I just don't get where the charge of "grossly overpriced" comes from. Whole set for less than the cost of the most deeply-discounted Autel Evo II battery. 1/3 the price of what I spent for one drop-in polarizer for my Nikon tele. They fit. They don't get stuck on the camera, well machined and nicely anodized. Don't get the OP's point, after spending big bucks on the drone itself. My only gripe so far is that the set didn't arrive with a plastic filter wrench for removing the very tightly-bound original UV filter ring (found an 8" tie-wrap worked, instead). And --not really Freewell's fault-- the original style Autel gimbal cover is not a good fit with the polarizers installed. (Anybody know if the updated Autel cover adds anything to fit the installed polas better?)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials