Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Realizing how Autel is better than DJI

Ansia

Reaction score
So I have been whinning how I can't wait to get my Evo for a month now, to a friend. He is in a local drone facebook page and saw the post in the pic below.IMG-20190126-WA0021.jpg
Basically OP is complaining how Geofencing 2.0 won't let you take off near the airport, but the Evo can.

Later a commentor replied:

If you want, you can take off from the Control Tower's roof.

I found it very random and amusing. Wanted to share it with you guys.

Just got my Evo yesterday and I can't wait to fly it. The DJI Spark was my first drone, and I was conflicted about who to go with for my 2nd drone -- Autel or DJI. Ultimately the geo-fencing/no-fly zones (or lack thereof) was the deciding factor. I was unable to even run my motors in a DJI NFZ (which was actually larger than it should have been) when I only wanted to fly 30-50 feet to get some quick footage. I mean come on....I could have flown a kite there, but I can't fly my drone?

Reactions: Ansia
Just got my Evo yesterday and I can't wait to fly it. The DJI Spark was my first drone, and I was conflicted about who to go with for my 2nd drone -- Autel or DJI. Ultimately the geo-fencing/no-fly zones (or lack thereof) was the deciding factor. I was unable to even run my motors in a DJI NFZ (which was actually larger than it should have been) when I only wanted to fly 30-50 feet to get some quick footage. I mean come on....I could have flown a kite there, but I can't fly my drone?

I had my FIRST EVO flight 2 days ago ...i have been flying the MP for 6 months and i am amazed by the fine performance of BOTH of these fantastic machines..ONE of the best features on my Evo is being able to fly without having to have a smart phone/tablet or other viewing device..I was able to do EVERYTHING the MP does...every feature is available on the controller and it is a very good thing...my only problem with all of this is ..THE WIND ! I am home looking at the NYC skyline from my my perch high up in a 20 story Building...to the West...the Skyline..the other side looking EAST is a 1000 acre park..FOREST Park and it is a glorious vision..i fly within that park...as i sit here i see the trees swaying...swaying TOO much..Clear sky..bright sunshine...moderate temps..The f'n WIND...My enemy...Looking on the positive side...it will be all the more special when i have a flyable day

I had my FIRST EVO flight 2 days ago ...i have been flying the MP for 6 months and i am amazed by the fine performance of BOTH of these fantastic machines..ONE of the best features on my Evo is being able to fly without having to have a smart phone/tablet or other viewing device..I was able to do EVERYTHING the MP does...every feature is available on the controller and it is a very good thing...my only problem with all of this is ..THE WIND ! I am home looking at the NYC skyline from my my perch high up in a 20 story Building...to the West...the Skyline..the other side looking EAST is a 1000 acre park..FOREST Park and it is a glorious vision..i fly within that park...as i sit here i see the trees swaying...swaying TOO much..Clear sky..bright sunshine...moderate temps..The f'n WIND...My enemy...Looking on the positive side...it will be all the more special when i have a flyable day

I agree, the Wind GODs suck. Wind and mosquitoes are two things in life I can live without. Hopefully you get a calm warm day soon.

Reactions: swings16
I agree, the Wind GODs suck. Wind and mosquitoes are two things in life I can live without. Hopefully you get a calm warm day soon.
You'd be surprised how much wind these little critters can take!

I agree with you guys, this is one of the features of the Evo that I love. I usually fly in a river far away from an international airport that we have. The airport is close to 5 miles and if I have my mavic pro with me. It will be warning me to fly with caution cause I am in restricted area. There is nothing around... A river, some boats passing sometimes, no people around.
I take my Evo and no warnings, fly very smooth. I usually fly in the opposite way of the location of the airport.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo