Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

RC will not Connect to Drone

Gpop24

Reaction score
So I have not flown in a couple weeks. When I tried to connect to my bird, I was notified of a firmware update that needed to happen. So I proceeded to download and then install V2.1.77(Standard RC). Everything seemed to complete normally however at the end of the update the RC could not connect to the drone. Powered everything down and tried again to connect to the drone but no dice. I couldn't fly now if I wanted to! Help!

Hi,
I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm able to put the aircraft and standard controller in matching mode but nothing happens. Also tried manual firmware install via SD card.
Please let me know what you find out.

-kls

Here's how I got the controller to connect to aircraft:

Downloaded the CORRECT firmware to an SD card. In my case the aircraft and controller were both V2. It was a ZIP file released 3/5/22.

Put the SD card into the aircraft (AC), installed a fresh battery, turned the AC on, then turned the standard controller (RC) on.

It took about 10 minutes and I got the message to restart both devices on the RC with a list of items that updated and didn't update (see photo).

It took about another 5 minutes and another reset after getting the list of updated and not updated items a second time.

My RC and AC were now connected!!!

This worked fine until it didn't - while the AC was in flight! It's a whole other post that I will link here soon.
PXL_20220329_192924095.jpg

Currently having a very similar if not exactly the same problem and the manual way to update does nothing. I've had this thing on probably two-three hours total trying to update to no avail.

Just says CONNECTING and won't bind.

Reactions: perryfromabove
Currently having a very similar if not exactly the same problem and the manual way to update does nothing. I've had this thing on probably two-three hours total trying to update to no avail.

Just says CONNECTING and won't bind.
Did you get a solution for this? I'm having the same problem with my Evo 2 V1..I had to replace the controller, but it won't bind.

I just received my EVO 2 today. I changed the batteries and hit update firmware. Now my controller is not connecting anymore.
What can we do to solve this???

Sorry everyone I have not visited recently. The problem I originally posted was corrected by having to send the drone & controller to Autel to be returned to a working state. No official cause was provided. I have my own (unconfirmed) theory that for a certain period of time the file for the manual update on the download page pointed to the wrong file and once you kicked off the update you were screwed.

Hi all, I have only just tried to update my Evo, and am having the same problem. Uploaded the file manually to the SD Card and inserted it, and nothing happens. Not on the Controller and not on the Drone. I followed the install instructions on the RC, and it came up all green the first time, and said I needed to reboot. I did that, and now nothing I do gives me a connection - what the heck??

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy