Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Randall Warnas quits Autel

What type of support would you like?
The kind where it is available. 1 year warranty is only good if the product life expectancy is greater then the warranty time frame. Meaning I purchased my drone in June when you could first get one, now here we are just over a year and we're already on a version two that is not compatible my product. Please explain the support in that...

Reactions: Andrew01
autel is a great company. not sure about "can't stand the thought with skydio" since they are a great company, also. in fact, the skydio 2 is the autel evo 2 pro of sports tracking drones; no reason why you shouldn't have one....they complement each other. skydio2 is my second favorite drone. the awesome tracking and proximity sensors remind me of the 6k 1" camera, on par.
Not trying to start a collection of drones, I Just want a great product to play with. This thing is just a toy to me. However, when I buy a top quality product, I expect the company to have their **** together. Do you think Sony, Samsung, apple, etc would have grown with similar policy? I think not.
autel is a great company. not sure about "can't stand the thought with skydio" since they are a great company, also. in fact, the skydio 2 is the autel evo 2 pro of sports tracking drones; no reason why you shouldn't have one....they complement each other. skydio2 is my second favorite drone. the awesome tracking and proximity sensors remind me of the 6k 1" camera, on par.

Not trying to start a collection of drones, I Just want a great product to play with. This thing is just a toy to me. However, when I buy a top quality product, I expect the company to have their **** together. Do you think Sony, Samsung, apple, etc would have grown with similar policy? I think not.

And that's the irony: Autel does put out great products. But the jury in my head is still asking for evidence that they're a great company.

Short product support cycles are a big part of the reason, for example, making batteries and parts for "older" drones unavailable. If Autel doesn't want to make them anymore, then release all the specs and let others make them. The argument that they are abandoning support for "older" drones to make engineering and production resources for newer ones crashes with a mighty thud when they also prevent others from making those parts.

I hate to say it, but abandoning manufacture of the only part of an expensive device that is known to wear out, and preventing others from making replacements, strikes me as being more typical of something the mafiosi in my old neighborhood in Brooklyn would do than what a top-tier tech company would do. It's basically a legal form of racketeering.

As many of you know, Randall Warnas was asked to leave Autel due to a disagreement in management style. This interview is the first time I've seen or heard from since then. I like Randall's style and wish he was still with the company with his fresh and open approach to working with customers. Something sorely lacking in the corporate world in my humble opinion.

+
Thanks!
It's nice to hear from Randall.
Myself; I gave up on future products from Autel after the Evo II Pro 6k, due to extremely low product lifecycle and suport.

Well...., its now time for AUTEL to make Definite Positive Changes for existing customers, and Potential New customers !!!
Customer Service
Warranty
Fixes & Updates
I personally believe its Staff and Not any management that are the problem - most likely dis-gruntled staff under management/company pressures.
BIG CHANGES NEEDED AUTEL

Well...., its now time for AUTEL to make Definite Positive Changes for existing customers, and Potential New customers !!!
Customer Service
Warranty
Fixes & Updates
I personally believe its Staff and Not any management that are the problem - most likely dis-gruntled staff under management/company pressures.
BIG CHANGES NEEDED AUTEL
Randall Warnas quit Autel Robotics almost two years ago for a good reason.
Hint: He wasn’t the problem. LOL!
Nothing has improved since then.
It's only gotten worse!

Reactions: ADOC

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles