Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Radio Interference

BtS

Reaction score
Anybody here got expertise/knowledge on possible radio interference?

I'm planning a flight starting and finishing from a local TV transmitter tower which also has various mobile phone antennas. I'm just wondering if the presence of the various radio signals from the tower are likely to interfere with drone control on my Evo 2. The location is in Ontario in case that has any affect on the bandwidths in use.

I have flown around cell towers a few times without any problems but not sure about the radio signals. Depending on how strong they are I guess they might be a concern. Heavy Wi-Fi neighbourhoods seem to cause more problems then anything.

The manual says to stay away from these environments. It has no built-in shielding for emi. Since most of the antennas on towers are directional you might get away with it if you don't fly directly in front of them. If you are flying manually you could loose control of it. I would practice lost-link reconnecting procedures before trying it.
Tv tower signals are a lot stronger than cell towers because they have to reach a much farther distance....personally I wouldn't even try it with this drone.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy