Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question regarding battery leakage...

TheSkySamurai

Reaction score
Here are images of one of my Autel batteries - I noticed it was not charging correctly (it would stop at 3 of 4 and would not cycle like the other batteries). When I view the battery through a thermal lens it shows a faint heat signature, in the shape of the plaque (shown reflecting). Does this mean this is a bad battery? It is still under warranty. I am wondering what other troubleshooting options I have before requesting service.

Attachments

• IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
Here are images of one of my Autel batteries - I noticed it was not charging correctly (it would stop at 3 of 4 and would not cycle like the other batteries). When I view the battery through a thermal lens it shows a faint heat signature, in the shape of the plaque (shown reflecting). Does this mean this is a bad battery? It is still under warranty. I am wondering what other troubleshooting options I have before requesting service.

Usually most of the 4th bar is when it is balancing the cells, if it never goes past 3 out of 4 then something could be wrong with the balancing circuit. I don't know enough about the heat issue to comment on that, but if I were you I would file a claim ASAP because drone vendors really don't like to honor battery warranties, they will find any possible way to blame you for the battery's premature failure.

One thing you could try first is updating the battery's firmware if it is outdated but I doubt it will help, you could also try fully discharging it (take the props off of the drone, put the battery in it, leave the drone on until the battery dies), then charging it again. Since it is a suspect battery, I would put the drone outside and far from your house in case the battery catches on fire while discharging it; I would not fly it to discharge it, it could fall out of the sky or catch on fire in much less controlled circumstances.

Reactions: TheSkySamurai

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN