Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question about updates

lifeisfun

Reaction score
Don't see a reason to update to the last version.
Will I be forced to update to this version before the next update or it will just skip and apply the latest presuming Autel will actually deliver what they promised?
Thanks

ALSO TO AUTEL: PLEASE GET YOUR BRAINS TOGETHER, AND FINALLY DELIVER ALL FEATURES WE PAID FOR!!!

Last edited:
Will I be forced to update to this version before the next update or it will just skip and apply the latest presuming Autel will actually deliver what they promised?
Thanks

ALSO TO AUTEL: PLEASE GET YOUR BRAINS TOGETHER, AND FINALLY DELIVER ALL FEATURES WE PAID FOR!!!
i have a nano plus… over a year now still no tracking… will NEVER buy a autel product ever again… including their vehicle products… it’s a dysfunctional company…period!!!

Thanks

It's normal for releases to include all previous function upgrades and fixes so it shouldn't be necessary to upgrade each time. However, I'm currently using the latest release and haven't had any problems.

Reactions: Jirka
Thanks

I felt cheated by this company. I bought this drone for the purpose of making moving videos where the drone followed me. They advertised, I bought it and to this day they haven't made this function available. absolutely irresponsible!

I did not see this but just posted in general that Autel sent me an email on Friday stating this...

Thought to give you a quick update from Autel Robotics that they will announce a new firmware update added to the dynamic tracking function for the Nano+ drone tomorrow (Oct. 1st).

You will receive the notification from the App directly.

My Nano+ is updating now, fingers crossed

Reactions: RTTX and enKoDed
I did not see this but just posted in general that Autel sent me an email on Friday stating this...

Thought to give you a quick update from Autel Robotics that they will announce a new firmware update added to the dynamic tracking function for the Nano+ drone tomorrow (Oct. 1st).

Have not seen any updates nor have I been notified

Reactions: lifeisfun

Hehe, how did that workout for you? For me same as past 9 months ....NOTHING ....

What is the new version # that yours updated to?

FWIW: I have an EVO 2 Pro (1st version). Last week, without doing sufficient research, I purchased an EVO Nano+, largely in hope that it might offer better dynamic tracking (but also for traveling in EU - less hassle with airlines, customs, etc.). Needless to say, I was bummed when I came across thread. Started checking into alternatives and it looks like DJI’s Mini 3 Pro is pretty well sorted - though I’d prefer not to go back to them.

Anyway, the Nano arrived today. Instead of ripping the box open I emailed Autel and requested a return authorization - specifically mentioning the drone’s lack of dynamic tracking as reason. This was their response:

Thanks for your feedback, sorry for the late reply,

Regarding the follow function of Nano+, it is currently being updated and upgraded, It's expected to go live in November, please wait patiently,

The following is our official website, you can pay attention to the latest developments of the website at any time,

Thank you for your attention and understanding,

Have a nice day.

Best regards.
Autelpilot Support Team

Probably not, I posted above you are mixing up app version with FW version on the drone it self.
Yep. This. App is currently 1.4.30. Aircraft firmware is 1.4.15. There has been no 1st October update and only one person has reported seeing the email suggesting it was due and would contain Dynamic Tracking.

I have change Nano Plus to Mavic 3 yesterday. Nano will be still as a backup, but only as a backup. After one day all my problems and frustration with are now gone. I think I will stay with M3 and don't want V3 from Autel. EVO II pro V1 was good, but that's it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller