Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question about picture transfer/app

Lees23

Reaction score
Are you able to transfer pics/videos directly to your phone from the drone via the app? Is there a low res option avail as well?

Are you able to transfer pics/videos directly to your phone from the drone via the app? Is there a low res option avail as well?
Pics, yes. If the drone, controller and phone are all connected, press on the little icon directly above the red photo/video button on the right side of the screen. It will pull up your media and when you look at the photo there should be an option to download it to your phone. I haven't tried this with videos, but if I remember correctly videos would not download this way on the X-Star so it may not work on the Evo for videos either.

Reactions: Lees23
Thanks for the reply. I was able to find some info. You can transfer images, but they are low resolution versions of them. That’s too bad, being able to transfer full quality images to your mobiles device is a very nice feature to have.

Reactions: easyheimer
That's strange. I actually used this for the first time this weekend and the pic on my phone is a full 12MP, 4000x3000 pixel photo. Where did you see that the images are low-res versions?
MAX_0045.JPG

Reactions: KentA
Maybe it’s low res video transfer?

There is a you tube video discussing the features of the explorer app/Evo and they say low res file transfer. The video is done by Autel.

Can you please try to transfer a video?
OK. I did a couple test videos, and was able to view them on my phone through the app, but when I tried to download them I got this screen:
Screenshot_2018-08-14-00-07-12.png
When I did a test video in 1080p it let me download the video through the wireless connection on the app.

So.. It appears:
-Photos (JPGs) will download wirelessly through the app to your phone at full resolution. RAW photos are not downloadable this way?
-Videos at 1080p resolution or less will download wirelessly through the app to your phone at full resolution.
-Videos at greater than 1080 resolution are viewable on the app (presumably at a lower resolution) but will NOT download wirelessly through the app.

OK. I did a couple test videos, and was able to view them on my phone through the app, but when I tried to download them I got this screen:
View attachment 2550
When I did a test video in 1080p it let me download the video through the wireless connection on the app.

So.. It appears:
-Photos (JPGs) will download wirelessly through the app to your phone at full resolution. RAW photos are not downloadable this way?
-Videos at 1080p resolution or less will download wirelessly through the app to your phone at full resolution.
-Videos at greater than 1080 resolution are viewable on the app (presumably at a lower resolution) but will NOT download wirelessly through the app.

Very helpful, thank you.

That's strange. I actually used this for the first time this weekend and the pic on my phone is a full 12MP, 4000x3000 pixel photo. Where did you see that the images are low-res versions?
View attachment 2549
Nice shot. I tried the Download option, but cannot locate the photo I took anywhere on my phone. Looked through all folders.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy