Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Purpose of Onboard Mini SD card

amctr

Reaction score
What is the purpose of the onboard mini sd card for the X Star? Is it like a flight recorder?

Thanks!

DroneyDrone

Reaction score
It's where the X-Star stores photos and video files.

amctr

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have clarified. I know the sd card on the camera gimbal does that, but what about the sd card slot on the actual drone body.

DroneyDrone

Reaction score
Oh ok, sorry about that. Are you talking about the USB port? I do not see an SD card slot on the body but there is a USB port which I don't think allows for customers to utilize for anything. It might be for factory or technical support use but I'm not sure.

Russty

Reaction score
ya theres no SD port on the actual drone body. There is a USB port though which has a purpose i do not know the answers too lol

brian bwin

Reaction score
Website
okvideode.com
Some fun information: there is a micro SD card inside the X-star pictured in this post.

As you suspected, amctr, this likely stores flight data which can be accessed/downloaded to a computer via the Micro USB port on the X-Star body. Not sure I'd ever bother trying to download this information but it could be useful to Autel, the FAA, or the curious :)

Reactions: Dino54

amctr

Reaction score
Autel did confirm with me that the USB Port on the body is for diagnostics purposes, primarily by Autel if the drone is having issues.

Reactions: brian bwin

woody

Reaction score
ya theres no SD port on the actual drone body. There is a USB port though which has a purpose i do not know the answers too lol
The usb on the gimble I use to download to computer, don't need to remove card

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SD_PIlot